This object is in archive! 

[3.13.0] Problems with tracks : existing dB wiped and (+) button not working

Barbudor shared this problem 8 years ago
Solved

Hi guys

I have just updated to 3.13.0 Pro on both my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7" and my mini-S4.

On the tablet only, the track database as been wiped (message at startup saying that there was an attempt to close an already closed - see attached picture).

On both, the Add folder (+) button in the track section actually adds the folder in the points section.

Anything I need to provide you to help ?

Best regards

Replies (11)

photo

>On both, the Add folder (+) button in the track section actually adds the folder in the points section.

confirm

photo

my tracks DB was not wiped out

but also confirm + folder in track tab actually adds folder to points

photo

Good day Barbudor,

hope you have a backup of your database on tablet!! because it have probably nothing to do with latest update (after half of day after update, you are still only one with such problem). Anyway screenshot may also indicate, that your database is locked for some reason (maybe you updated Locus while it was still opened?). Suggest to restart your device, it may help.

About issue with creating track folders ... nice copy & paste error. Thanks guys, will be fixed in next version (probably tomorrow).

photo

I have a Problem probably related to this one: My DB seems to be broken after update and unfortunately I have no access to the file System anymore. My folders seem to be empty but if I open with es file explorer, everything is there.

I am using Marshmallow on a Nexus 7 (2015) and probably Locus (pro) was open during update.

Seems to be a nice database error in connection with a nice file system error in connection with a nice update error due to a premature release error. I will give Orux a try in parallel to have a bike Navigation App that works til you fix this. So don't hurry, there are only two with this bug and very likely the mistake is sitting in front of the tablet.

photo

Hello Michael, second with same problem?? Damn. This is definitely nothing like problem on your side, such problem should never happen, no matter what you do.

@Michael, you see exactly same error as Barbudor after start? "Attempt to re-open already closed object"?

What is weird is what you wrote about visibility of content. Also suggest at least to restart device.

@Barbudor: may you please create for me a log right after you start and close Locus? Thanks

photo

Yes, I did not take a look at the screenshot before, but i got the same error. There were Icons in front of the text I think and I had the option to reload the database or somewhat. I tried it, but I couldnt see any files in the directories.

When I tried to uninstall Locus pro, my tablet told me it was unable to delete some directory and asked if i want to do it by now. I did not want.

Finally I uninstalled Locus Pro and reinstalled it, now it starts normally but I am not able to install my own maps (external, although I bought also Locus Points, I did not want to spend it yet). POI Files and Tracks are also gone. Since my Tablet has no GSM card I need to have offline vector maps.

photo

GPS seems also not to work???

Permission Problem?

photo

Salut! I found out that I can activate GPS and File System Access through the Android 6.0 permission settings. It seems to be set off by default. But I cannot access the default map folder through locus. By now Ih have one Vector Map installed, This is sufficient for the moment. Maybe to manage to find a solution.

photo

Hi Menion,

I do have a Locus backup running everyday night at 23:00 with 10 day retention + weekly upload to Dropbox.

The backup from Saturday restore fines but backups from Sunday, Monday & Tuesday crashes as said above. Rebooting the unit doesn't make a change.

==> Clearly the problem didn't occured during the update on Wednesday. DB was corrupted before.

Still I can't see why the database got corrupted between Sunday afternoon when Locus was working fine (recorded tracks, then exported to Dropbox & Strava) and Sunday night when before the backup was done...

I tried to follow your guidelines to create a log but unfortunately, I don't seem to have the "take bug report" entry in the "Developper options" (Android 4.1.2). I tried LogCat but seems it that it can't do its job when the device is not rooted.

I now have been able to restore a decent configuration by tweaking the Sunday backup file in which I replaced the tracks.db and .mVisibleItems_dbTracks files with the ones from Saturday backup.

Little trick allowed me to restore 99.9% of my data and I'll get the missing Sunday track from my Dropbox

In 3 years, this is the 2nd time I get an unexplained corruption of the database. I wouldn't say this is big. Annoying of course when it occurs but still Locus is a great software in features and reliability.

From my point of view, the DB corruption part is closed.

Just let's wait for the fix on the track folder (+) button [:)]

Thanks a lot.

photo

Hello,

thank you for an precise explanation. CatLog application is on your device best solution and should not need root. Anyway

1. interesting that Locus did a backup of database that is not able to open. Because before backup is done, it is checked if database is OK, weird.

2. if you have a backup with problematic database and if you do not mind, you may share your backup on my working email jiri.mlavec@asamm.com. I may promise that data remains private and secure. Maybe I find some useful information what and why happen. Maybe not ...

I'm also sorry that this happen. Well, to be true, I think it is not a problem only (if even) Locus side. Right because of this rare situation exists backup solution. Shame here, that it also did a backup of problematic database :/

photo

Hi Menion

Thank you for looking into this.

I'm about to send you by email the backup file reduced to points & tracks.

Best regards

photo

Thank you, database received. Unfortunately error is:

*** in database main ***

Page 587: btreeInitPage() returns error code 11

Page 584: btreeInitPage() returns error code 11

On tree page 589 cell 202: Child page depth differs

Page 585: btreeInitPage() returns error code 11

... and so on ...

I'm trying to search why something like this may happen and all discussions leads only to huge long list of possible causes for database corruption.

I found some interesting methods how to recover this database, but no clear answer why this may happen. So glad you had a backup and glad all (except + button) works for you now!

photo

Thanks for the new release !

photo

You are welcome!!

photo

(don't read this on Sunday)

Just to let you know that the database corruption issue occured again this night.

I've been able to restore my tracks from the backup of last night at 23:11 which means the problem occured during the night while Locus was off (and myself sleeping).

My tablet is probably haunted by leprechaum/gremlin or other forms of underground being which I may have offensed in some way.

I'll monitor this and let you know if this ever happens again.

photo

(I've read it)

Very interesting. What you may do is immediately after you notice something like this, create a log. Even that log will be older, on some devices it may contains information to looong history.

Anyway it's is really weird. I work with Locus for five years every day and I never had any corruption of database. And you had two a while one after another? Hmm it looks for me like a problem on different place then in Locus.

Maybe an update of your device to higher Android version?

photo

Unfortunately there is no official Android update for this tablet.. And I'm not keen in going into the burden of rooting the tablet or changing the ROM unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

The SD card is brand new. Just purchased 2-3 months ago. However the tablet is 2 years old and have gone through a lot of hikes and bike trails. A problem with SD card connector? I would probably have more problems in that case, not only on tracks but also on maps or other files.

I'll try to find a working way to get logs in case it occurs again.

photo

Agree, anyway database for tracks is most used database in case you often record tracks etc.

Anyway if you have Locus on SD card, then I really suggest to at least put it into PC and do some integrity check.

Replies have been locked on this page!