App is no longer available in Samsung Multi-Window

Replies (22)

photo

Damn!

You're right... confirmed

Fieldnotes is still there

photo

Good day guys,

really interesting issue. I've checked Samsung documentation for this feature and all seems to be setup correctly in Locus.

For my own surprise, I noticed same issue on my wife's SGS5 device. Locus Map Free was in side panel, Locus Map Pro didn't. After un-install of Locus Map Free, nothing changes. After un-install of Locus Map Pro and again install from Google Play, icon in multiwindow taskbar appear. Well ...

I'm just preparing next Locus bug-fix version. This looks for me like some issue in Samsung devices, then directly in Locus (mainly because it worked for years and no change happen last months around this feature). So I'll hope that next version "push it" little bit. We will see ...

photo

Something weird happens here, backup->uninstall locus pro->reinstall locus pro will indeed show locus icon in multi-window..

but options->reset of same multi-window menu will remove icon again!

So temporarily follow recipe but do not reset..

photo

Well interesting. Thanks Hallgeir. How to fix it on Locus side is a mystery for me.

Same happen to you with latest 3.17.2 version? I did a minor change in define icon that may be used in multi-window menu, so I'm curious if it helped.

photo

Well, installed 3.15.2 pro.....everything OK with multi-window, even when resetting by menu.

But with 3.15.2 I had to agree to the EULA on first startup......no such confirmation in latest 3.17.*

Could this be the issue?

photo

Just to be clear....3.15.2 have this full-screen EULA....3.17.* have this small check box,,

Obviously you need to agree on initial start-up in both versions

photo

Menion,

First thanks for looking into this. Great App!

After uninstall and install.

On my SM-P605V running 5.1.1, Locus (3.17.2) shows in the Multi-Window tray, but still will not work in MW

On my SM-T567V running 5.1.1 Locus (3.17.2) doe not show in MW tray at all.

On my SMG935VZSA running 6.0.1 Locus (3.17.2) does not show in MW tray at all.

Locus Free (3.16.2) works in MW on all of the above.

By the way (3.17.2) works nicely in Preview N.

Can I get a backup of Locus Pro (3.16.2)?

photo

Hello guys,

quite interesting. EULA have for sure no effect there, difference have to be somewhere else.

I usually do not provide older versions as a lot better is to fix new version. Anyway for testing purpose, here is 3.16.2 https://docs.google.com/a/asamm.com/uc?id=0B_Nr4CT8osmtVlpOSEFzVkZ0bWs&export=download , if there won't be any problem, I try more carefully compare older and new code. Thanks!

photo

Thanks so much!!!!

photo

3.16.2 works like a boss regarding multi-window!

You need to rename the app back to Locus Map Pro.. 3.17.* is just called Locus Map in my appdrawer..

Take a well deserved break, and hit the code after a timeout :-)

photo

Ah you think that this is a problem, that both apps has now same name? If you have installed just a Locus Map Pro 3.17.2 and not together with Locus Map Free, then in works correctly? Maybe you have a point :)

photo

Yes, only Pro version installed her at the moment. Noticed the app name change just recently and assumed it was a 3.17 - change..

I thank you for 3.16.2 apk, but will continue on 3.17.2 because long-tap back button issue was fixed.. and that is much more important to me.

I'm sure multi-window issue gonna be solved soon anyway :-)

photo

Hmm if really a name is a problem, then when you install just Locus Map Pro and not also Free version (or Beta version), then it should work correctly even on latest version. Is it correct?

I'm trying to find some more information and seems that this Samsung-only feature, really take a name of application as a key for this feature. And because both versions of Locus has a same name, we have a problem.

Only solution I may do, is to rename apps back to old name, which is really something I do not want to do. Main reason was, that long texts wasn't visible on many places (widgets, lists of apps) and result was almost same as now. Locus Map Pro was usually visible as "Locus Map ..." and Free version looked same. At least on SGS2 device which I used for testing.

For now, I really think that best is use just a single version of Locus Map if you want's to use this feature. Not a best answer, sorry.

photo

It does not work with only Pro version installed..

Gonna install free also for testing.. brb

photo

Sad news, do not work with pro and free versions both installed.

Is possible to change to double space, Locus__Map and Locus_Map_Free, to keep them apart? Underscore just for clarification. Or even Locus-Map for the pro version..

If name is the problem..

Such a pain to leave this unsolvable, does not new Android M or N come with default support for multi-window?

Hope you dont close this issue now, but give it some thought. I will however respect your decision, of course.

photo

Hmm I firstly though that multi-window system I have on SGS7 is new feature of Android 6. But seems that multi-window build in directly into Android will be added in next Android version 7.

And for my surprise, Locus Map Pro also do not have ability to place it just to half of screen. I just tried to re-order parameters in one main configuration file and it seems it helped. Weird ...

Anyway I don't give up this problem, it will just take a while. For unknown reason, it react quite weirdly. Once it work, once don't.

photo

I'm happy to read your latest reply regarding this issue!

If you have multi-window active, its easy to check if app registered properly in system by open recent/minimised apps and look for indication.. see attachment

photo

Good day people,

tomorrow will be published new version of Locus, where I hope, this problem will be fixed. Let me know in case, it will still appear.

photo

Work! (version 3.18.1)

Need to be added by multi-window menu, i think this is normal :-)

photo

Ufff, perfect! Thanks for confirmation!

photo

Thanks Menion!! I tested across 6 different Samsung device and all is GOOD!

photo

YES!! Also here it works again! Thanks a lot!

photo

You are welcome guys :).

Replies have been locked on this page!