This object is in archive! 

3.6.0: Some icons displayed with wrong transparency

Ingo Rau shared this problem 9 years ago
Not a Problem

In the new version 3.6.0, in some edit dialogs (at least folders and points) the icons are displayed with a background color (some light blue) instead of alpha transparency. Display of icons on the map and in the lists is not affected. That was definitely OK before - probably some artefact of introducing some material design.

See screenshot

Best Answer
photo

I also do not like this button below icons, believe me. I was thinking about it, how to do it better, but till now, no clear idea. But I'll probably at least o next version do with just grey background and not this blue. At least this should be better for now ...

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Ingo,

what you see is an intent and not an issue.

What is your suggestion? Completely remove background below icon? Then it won't be clear, that icon is clickable.

photo

Hi Menion!

Ah, well, ok - to me the color looked a little "wrong", more like a mistake. I would've expected some kind of border / button, but I assume that's material design - can't say I'm a fan of it, makes things harder to discern, but well, I probably won't be able to stop it by myself ;)

photo

I also do not like this button below icons, believe me. I was thinking about it, how to do it better, but till now, no clear idea. But I'll probably at least o next version do with just grey background and not this blue. At least this should be better for now ...

photo

Yeah, that sounds less confusing. Thx!

photo

Hi guys!

I already wrote about material design in comments to http://www.locusmap.eu/news-version-3-6-0/, including something like Ingo says.

Menion, icon in such dialogs was clickable even before 3.6, but I think that nobody needed this background to understand it: they are "edit" dialogs.

Instead, (blue) background interferes with colours of the icon: blue icon on blue background, wow!

Maybe you could answer: "That's Material, baby! Material! And there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing!" :-D

photo

That's Material, baby and Locus will never follow it on 100% :).

To be true, I like defined spaces between items, I also like some more colors anyway do not worry, there is many things that I do not wants to change.

I also do not think, that blue background on basic buttons is problem. But agree that below simple icon it looks really weird. So as I already wrote - in next version, button for picking icons will be light grey instead of blue.

Thanks for feedback guys! Appreciate it!

Replies have been locked on this page!