7 weeks of excellent navigation from Locus Pro

Andrew Heard shared this thanks 2 years ago

I've just been cycle touring for 7 weeks. Every day Locus Pro was my most essential tool for planning and navigating tracks, and it never missed a beat. It made my navigation task very enjoyable. Thanks Locus team for a superb product.

Comments (7)

photo

We are always glad to hear positive news from intensive usage of Locus. Thanks and wish you many more 7 weeks experiences!

photo

A couple of months planned for Slovenia and Switzerland, but still 10 months away ;-(

Ah, by then we will have the offline address search ;-)

photo

So we have 10 months to finish address search feature - well, it will be done till then on 99% :)

photo

I fully endorse Andrew's comments: I returned recently from a holiday in Santorini and Crete. I used the combination of the excellent Locus Map, OpenStreetMap and GraphHopper to consult a map, plot hiking routes, record tracks and mark points to add to OpenStreetMap ultimately with the thought it might benefit other users.

My reward is the pleasure of participation.

photo

Bob, thanks! I'm always glad when I read that our work has sense! My pleasure.

photo

I have helped in recent past Andrew to reveal him the magic of the Brouter, using at that time OSMAnd almost exclusively.

Recently I have learnt myself to know Locus much better, teaching each other with other guy about Locus on Usenet Android group.

My close friend, intensive biker, told me Locus Pro is the only software he ever bought, so did I bought it. Locus power is not seen on first look, be we got continuously amazing by its potential while learning new and new possibilities.

It has some learning curve, but more than worthy to pass it.

Currently I especially admire vector OpenAndromaps with Elevate map style, that is much more outdoor oriented than OSMAnd vector maps. I am looking forward to some next year Austria trip wit Ost Alps OpenAndroMap. It seems the Eastern Alps are better OSMmapped than Czech / Slovakia mountains and highlands.

photo

Hello Libor,

I really hope that "learning curve" is slowly starting to be more "straight". Or at least less painful. Maybe new manual helps here? :). Anyway glad to hear about another active user, enjoy Locus!

photo