Bearing, Distance & Line to Cursor visibility
Here`s my suggestion for a visible Bearing, Distance and Line to Cursor:
* Do not render it close to the cursor. That area is cluttered with stuff already, plus it is probably where I am most interested in seeing the map. Render it at the CENTER of the line.
* Do not rotate the text. Just render it HORIZONTALLY and calculate the position in a way that it will not intersect with the line.
* The line must be THICK, depending on display dpi. One pixel might be fine on 320x480, but not on modern xhdpi phones.
* Color is configurable: only ONE COLOR SETTING for line & text together.
* The BLACK SHADOW is crucial for this whole thing to work. Never render anything onto the map without an outline/shadow.
* The arrow head is probably too difficult (and points the wrong way?), but I liked it :)