App hang while cloud sync

Wolfgang shared this question 40 days ago
In Progress

Hi,

I am just curios if others have the same problem.

When I am out for Geocaching and I log a cache as found or I add an waypoint locus starts to sync (see left top of screenshot) and then the app totally hangs. Often Android asks to close Locus or if I want to wait. Almost a minute later all works again like a charm.

BTW at home a normal cloud sync takes a lot of time but I guess this is because of having over 70000 waypoint in locus.

Wolfgang

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

try turning off the "Wifi only data transfer".

photo

Hi Michal,

I tried different things also flight mode. Even in the flight mode the sync starts (or tries to start) and then locus hangs for some time.

But flight mode is the best scenario of all.

I don't know how it works internally couldn't the sync not be an own service which also works independent of locus running or not. This would help me keep my device better synced and it would not influence the main application.

Wolfgang

photo
photo

Wolfgang, what happens when you tap on the progress icon in the top left corner? What process is indicated there?

photo

Hi Michal,

it's the cloud sync - see screenshot - btw you see here I am in flight mode.

Files: sync.jpg
photo
photo

Hi Wolfgang,

please test the issue with the newest beta version of Locus Map. Download and install it from https://bit.ly/lmVersions. Thanks

photo

Dear Michal,

I am sorry currently I am on travel and need Locus the whole day, so I am afraid of testing a beta version.

Thanks for understanding.

Wolfgang

photo

Hi Wolfgang, we're publishing the new version on Google Play at this time so please test the issue with it and let me know the result.

photo

Hi Michal,

thanks for the info. I am checking the playstore hourly but I did not yet got it - it will still take some time till Google provides it to me :( I'll give you an update which may take some time after I got it. But I will not forget coming back to you even if it takes some time.

Wolfgang

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

we published the latest version 4.24.2. on Saturday morning. It is available az Google Play so please test it. Thanks.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file