This object is in archive! 

3.6.0: Edit buttons invisible for Notes on Android 4.1.2

R5O.nl shared this problem 9 years ago
Solved

Locus 3.6.0 Pro:

I want to report that in the function 'Edit Notes', the edit buttons are invisible on Android 4.1.2 on Xperia S. It did work OK on the previous Locus release.

The buttons are there, because they can be selected, but are invisible. So you need to guess the location when pressing.

Use case: start Locus 3.6.0 / select a cache with notes / edit notes / make a text selection / the 'edit text' window appears, but no buttons visible.

The buttons I normally see are like: select all / cut / copy / paste

This is on Xperia S running Android 4.1.2 (the latest from Sony).

I am also running Xperia S phones on Android 5.0.2 (naosp) and on these there is no problem.

Attached screenshot from Xperia S / Android 4.1.2.

Replies (9)

photo

Thanks. This will be on looong winter nights. I've now spend on it few hours and seems that new library from Google has some problems in locus with styling of these top action bars.

I'll try to wait till next version of this lib appear and if it brings any change. Anyway I'm aware of this problem and I'm able to simulate it on older device, so I have everything I need to fix it ;). Thanks for report for now.

photo

Hmm new library from Google still not release. Same issue found on Google issue tracker, but fortunately found a small workaround that seems to help a little bit. So you will see in next version.

photo

Should this now be fixed in the new 3.7.0?

Because it does not look like that... I just checked.

Thanks for now.

photo

I hoped. But one user also already reported that it is not.

So we still have to continue in waiting for a new version of Google library.

photo

I reckon we need to switch the status for this topic to "In progress"

photo

Agree, changed.

I have just updated to new version of Google library, but on first look, it looks really similar, so probably no fix for now.

photo

While geocaching, using the latest Locus Pro 3.8.2, I noticed something around editing, related to this issue. When editing a waypoint, then the edit buttons (copy - paste - select all - and so) are actually visible somewhat. Included a screenshot of that. When then looking back into the original issue of this topic, ie editing Notes, then these are still invisible. So, maybe, on code level, there is a benefit in looking at edit-waypoint and compare that to edit-notes and look for differences: maybe there lies a solution to this issue.

photo

Both screens are on background completely different, sot his do not help

me, unfortunately. I was looking on this issue a few days ago again,

but still no success, weird ...

photo

You just asked whether it works now with HW buttons in another topic. But I want to add that this particular issue is not fixed with the latest 3.10.3, on Android 4.1.2.

photo

well this is completely different story. But thanks for a feedback.

photo

Hello guys,

not sure if issue is already fixed in latest versions of Locus Map, thanks to some updates in Google library that should take care about this.

Anyway since Android 6.0+, these "select, edit, ..." buttons no longer appear in to toolbar, but as floating window directly above text. So this issue appear no more.

Replies have been locked on this page!