Lost via points in 3.30.0

Michael Peeters shared this problem 5 months ago
Solved

Following problem was reproducable multiple times:


I used the new route planner to plan a 260km tour with turn by turn commands via brouter.

During planning I defined multiple via points.


After route was saved I changed the title and symbol of the via points. After some points changed I lost nearly all via points. No longer visible in map and even not listed in track details.


As an workaround I tried to title the via points correctly via planning. After route was saved I backuped the database folder.

After some hours I used Locus again and saw that nearly all via points are lost. Restore database folder didn't help.


Looks like via points not stored correctly in tracks.

Comments (9)

photo
1

Today I tried it with a much shorte track. Just 65km with 3 via Points.

After save I changed two via points (text and symbol) and then the third via point was lost.


P. S.

This time I used another device, too.

photo
1

Good day Michael,

Michal gave this issue to me to fix it. Anyway, some other priorities moved this task to later. We were able to simulate this problem and I'll look at it during next week and let you know in this topic. Thanks for understanding.

Menion

photo
1

Nice to hear you can reproduce. Then it's fine. Take your time.

photo
photo
1

Any update?

photo
1

Good day Michael,

I've tried to simulate this issue a few days ago, but was not success ... same issue does not happen to me. Wanted to ask Michal from our team, who was more "lucky" them me to help with it. @Michal? May you please give me more precise steps to simulate it? Thanks

photo
1

Ah, this was hard. Thanks Michal for the help!

Issue will be fixed in next (Beta) version.

photo
1

Great! Thanks.

photo
1

Still have problems. They are different than before but decided to leave a comment here to give you the background.


The points are saved. Great.

When I check my route after planning I see some points are doubled.

I tried to delete one of them but it deleted nothing.


i have absolutely no idea how to reproduce it. My route is a larger one and I have two points doubled which means it happens sometimes. Not rarely but not often, too.

I'm sure there are more important bugs to work on but if you want to have a look I can upload my database or export the route. Maybe there is a way to assume what happened when checking the database on deep technical level.

photo
1

Good day Michael,

sorry to hear that new problem appear. I'm not aware I've noticed such issue during own testing ... will be watching it.

Unfortunately, database won't help here. Key here is to simulate problem by exact steps. If you find out any reason why this happens (expect some problem about merging more parts when saving result = it's most complicated part), please let me know. Thank you.

Menion