Add Zoom buttons to list of function panel buttons
I prefer the Zoom buttons of Locus Map 3:
- more readable in sunlight
- more compact screen layout/ less wasted map space
- more reliable to tap (more surrounding guard area)
- supports larger sizing based on expert setting config.cfg dev_gui_main_rescale_value
Contrast this with Locus Map 4:
- buttons sometimes "blend" in with map content
- white buttons sometimes have poor contrast with map background
- sometimes wasted map space
- no support for larger sizing
My simple suggestion is to add the two Zoom buttons as two new independent items in the already extensive list (60+ buttons) of function panel buttons: settings > Controlling > Panels & Buttons > Set functions panels > +Add function button > add each button.
This would not affect any existing user.
Note it is already possible to hide the Zoom buttons: settings > Controlling > Panels & Buttons > Zoom buttons: Hidden.
It would allow zoom buttons to be placed in the 1) bottom panel ALA LM3 2) side panels - left or right 3) existing on-map position. And automatically this feature is available in Presets!
Great flexibility in placement!