This object is in archive! 

Sluggish on Windows 11 with WindowsSubsystemAndroid

George Lin shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I'm testing Locus Map Pro 3.55+ right now and everything seems to be working except it seems to be a little sluggish in both drawing the map and downloading.

I tested this on 2 different machines with 2 different Windows 11 installs and the problem seems to be the same:

1 - Maps tiles are loading slowly. I can see each tile pop in when the map is loading

2 - Maps download slowly - I tried downloading the California map from OpenAndroMaps and it's downloading at about 1MB per 2 minutes

I tested this on both machines with the Maps.Me program and that app doesn't have the problem. It loads the tiles almost instantaneously and it downloaded California in a few seconds, about the same size (750MB).

Is there a setting I can do to fix either problem?

The other open is to copy the OpenAndroMaps over which I was planning on doing anyway but there's no easy drag and drop between Windows 11 and the AndroidSubsystem yet.

Thanks

George

Replies (1)

photo

Hello,

this is a little bit difficult to test. Windows 11 is quite new and it is not available globally. At this time, we can't test it by ourselves.

Maybe try to switch from vector map to for example online LoMaps. Maybe it can help.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but we primarily develop application for Android and compatibility with other systems is not our priority at this time.

Regards, Zdenek

Replies have been locked on this page!