Allow quicker switch of router planner Line Style

Andrew Heard shared this idea 2 years ago
Gathering feedback

Background: When planning an on-road touring cycle route, I'm often juggling the sometimes difficult tradeoffs of traffic (how busy), scenery, quality of surface (how smooth or rough) and gradient (how steep).

I have track folders with line styles for altitude 0-100m, altitude 0-400m, slope 0-3%, slope 0-5%. I can then quickly move a track between these folders to visualize these considerations.

However the current method of changing the router planner custom Line Style is quite involved

• tap dash-dash-dash top menu
  • tap Settings
  • tap Line Style
  • change desired elements - could be quite a lot of changes if coloring mode changes from manual altitude to manual slope
  • tap Save
  • tap Back
  • tap Back

The track folder, and therefore eventual line style, is only specified when the new track is saved.

Suggestion: I'm wondering whether the Track Folder can be specified independent of the Save? In the Settings menu there could be a (default) track folder, and the Line Style could therefore be based on this folder Line Style, or as current, use a custom line style. The new additional method of changing the router planner Line Style then becomes a matter of selecting a existing style rather than modifying the custom style:

• tap dash-dash-dash top menu
  • tap Settings
  • tap (new) Track Folder
  • select folder
  • tap Back
  • tap Back

79561458386c13b6e6ea6bebf73fe14c

Leave a Comment

Attach a file