This object is in archive! 

Field Notes Pro Addon Android 12

Wolfgang shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I switched to a Android 12 phone. I allowed field notes to access file storage.

In the past I exported the logs in the logs folder of locus. Now I tried the same:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/logs

but it does not work. No access rights. I am sure it has to do with the new security features of Android.

Am I right that the only solution is to use a folder outside of locus?

Wolfgang

Replies (1)

photo

Hello,

as you wrote, the restriction of the new Androids doesn't allow add-on to reach the folder.

You can try to use another folder, or you can export your logs to txt via the Locus built-in logs manager.
More info https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:geocaching:tools#logs_manager.

The developer on the FieldNotes add-on doesn't communicate for some time, and doesn't reply to our inquiries.
His add-on will probably be soon discontinued by Google as it hasn't been updated for several years.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi Zdenek,

thanks for your message. Field Notes Pro is not only for me an very important add-on. All people I know use this. Because it's great to export the found caches into GSAK and to log these caches inside GSAK.

Please add this feature into locus in the main app. Not having this feature would make the usage of locus very hard. Currently I don't know any way to export (prelogged) found caches with an easy precedure to the local file system.

Thanks Wolfgang

photo

This feature already exists in the internal log manager. I use it very often to log my founds via GSAK at geocaching.com.

Open the logs manager within locus. Select the logs of the geocaches you want to export. Click on the red button in the right lower corner of the screen. Select "In eine Datei exportieren" (sorry, I have only the german caption present). Copy the exported file to the import directory of GSAK. Import the file with GSAK. Done.

photo

Hi c.s.g.

many thanks for that information. I guess you mean the logs manager of the Geocaching Tools. I use them often but newer realized that function. I will play with it. Could really be that it solves my problem.

Many thanks for that helpful info.

Wolfgang

photo

used it now twice seems to do what I need. So currently it looks like I can stop using the filed notes pro and switch to the logs manager.

Thanks! May be closed,

Wolfgang

Replies have been locked on this page!