Add Latitude-Like Location Sharing Options
After Google discontinued their Latitude service and no other option showing up in the past, I want to suggest to add this function to Locus Maps. There are several solution for Public Sharing and or manual sharing of location, but none is working as well a Latitude did.
I think these would be the key features:
- Share Location on a regular basis as a background service
- Use the most energy efficient way (WLAN location, updated infrequently, esp. when not moving)
- Use the most accurate when in foreground
- Offer Car / Dock Mode
- Location needs to be able to be shared privately (UN/PW?) to a group of people (lets say familiy and friends)
- You could think of offering a paid service, but suggest to give option of Self-Hosting the Server (would FTP-Server enough?)
- Location History would be optional, the latest Lat/Long/Timestamp for each user shoudl be sufficient
- Ability to "PIng" a friend could be great too.
I know this is a lot as a "Suggestion" but It would be great. I have Locus Pro open / running when I am traveling / hiking etc most of the time, so would be great to be able to find my friends and families location on this map too.
thanks for considering!