Fully automatic track recording
Andrew Heard shared this idea 2 years ago
- In summary the user doesn't have to spend any time with the recording - it is simply "fully automatic" and in the background. Locus asks no questions. A list of tracks, one per day, is accumulated in the specified folder.
- Replace the existing "Automatic start" tickbox with a list (None | Automatic start | Fully Automatic).
- Automatic start is the existing function, Fully Automatic is described below.
- Fully Automatic operation is only available in Locus Pro.
- The current state (recording, paused, stopped) is automatically saved when Locus exits, and restored when Locus is started. The default is recording.
- The user can manually start, pause or stop the recording if desired via existing side or bottom panel or function button, although optimize where necessary for the most likely use-case of always recording.
- Recording is based on selected profile (car | cycle | walk) with filter settings for time & distance without asking.
- Recording is continually saved to a track named [yyyy-mm-dd] in the selected profiles folder.
- Recording is fully saved when Locus is stopped without asking.
- If running over midnight the track name is automatically changed - so that points are saved to the matching track.
- Recording is appended to the existing track if Locus is started multiple times during the day, no points are ever deleted.