Import with Gsak-Addon do not work

N.o.e. shared this problem 3 weeks ago
Solved

After update to version 3.29.0

After updating LOCUS to version 3.29.0 on 2 Feb, the GSAK add-on ceased to work. I did not change any settings. In the previous version, no problems. Where is the problem?

Thanks.

Comments (13)

photo
1

Good day N.o.e.

I'm just playing with GeoGet add-on for which I have some sample data and it seems to work correctly. I currently do not have any test data for GSAK. Is it possible to


  • get better description of "what does not work"
  • get some sample database with few caches for testing?

Thank you for your help and sorry for a complications.

photo
1

Hi

I select db3 file with GSAK add on. Then run LOCUS Pro. In the map there is no loaded caches from db3 file. I try zoom out and in -> no reaction load poins (caches).

I try Menu - other function - add on - tap to Load caches from GSAK => NO action. Normaly state is load (import) caches and save to folder as a new points.

Attached file contains 415 caches each types.

N.o.e.

photo
1

just as a short addon:

i think there are 2 ways to get geocaches from gsak_add-on into locus.


1: automatic import:

in the "gsak database for locus" add-on, "live karte" and "import erlauben" both have to be ticked, and in the locus/settings/miscellaneous, the "enable periodic updates for add-ons" has to be ticked too.

with this config, waypoints from the gsak database referenced by the add-on are automatically shown on the map.

since updating to 3.29.0, this does not work anymore.


2: manual import:

using the "load geocaches from gsak" function, available in locus with the "gsak database for locus" add-on installed, all waypoints for the actually shown map are loaded from the "gsak database for locus" add-on and are shown on the map.

since updating to 3.29.0, when starting this manual import, a window still indicates that locus is loading waypoints from gsak. in my case, this counts up to about 600, then the window disappears but no waypoints are shown on the map.


to me this looks like locus still reads waypoints from gsak add-on, but for some reason, it discards them.

photo
1

might there eventually be some kind of coord formatting problem, similar to the one described for geotagged photos?

photo
1

Hi guys,

@bongo, thank you for additional description.

I've installed GSAK, imported PQ file with 1000 caches, copies database to device and selected in GSAK add-on, also selected "Live map" and "Allow import" in add-on settings and ... live map and also direct import works fine for me. Hmm ...

@N.o.e may you please try to attach your file once more, because I do not see it here, thank you!

photo
1

Hi

there is no problem with import PQ. It works corectly. There is problem with import from GSAK database sqlite.db3

There is no import after update to version 3.29.0

In the past there was the same problem with database, which was fixet a few day after update x.yy.+01 version

In the sqlite.db3 there is 139 caches.

N.o.e.

photo
1

Thank you N.o.e.

I'm sure that issue found and fixed. Addon use relly old system that I forget to test.

New version is planned on tomorrow, maybe Monday.

Menion

photo
1

I update to v 3.29.1 and seems to be problem solved. Many thanks.

N.o.e.

photo
1

thanx for the bugfix - works fine again!!

photo
1

I just updated to the bugfix release, but in my case it changed for the worse.

Absolutely nothing happens when moving the map or activating the GSAK database addon (menu - addons).

In the previous version the latter did show the 'importing' dialog, counting caches, and then nothing happened.

Tried this on two phones, both Samsung Galaxy S7, same result.

photo
1

Thanks for confirmation guys.

@marsam: this is weird. In 3.29.0 was only technical problem caused by build system of APK files. Anyway no changes in Locus itself was made. Please check if you have correctly selected GSAK database and also some bigger distance value (ideal 99 km) in add-on settings. If all will be correct, you may try to send me also some sample database, so I'll test it on own device.

photo
1

Hi Menion,


While trying to find out what could be wrong, I apparently ended my attempts of yesterday with an empty gsak database...

A logical explanation for today's behavior. All is well now with a normal database containing some caches.

So, this was my own fault. Sorry!


Thanks for your quick fix!

Marsam

photo
1

Perfekt, glad to hear it!

photo