This object is in archive! 

Glove-friendly interface option?

Luke D shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to add (or is there already hidden) a glove interface option to make it easier to use while riding a bike/dirt bike/4x4? Currently when I am trying to hit the zoom in/out buttons with gloves on, I often hit the Android home button or tap on the map itself instead.

What would be useful is an option to make the buttons in the right panel and bottom panel 2x-3x bigger, but leaving the button icons the size they are now, using higher transparency for the background, and maybe putting a border around each button to see where it is.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Luke,

Locus Map is designed and developed primarily for hiking, biking or geocaching, not for motorcycling. Nevertheless, it has options that could help:

- go to Locus directory in your phone and open "config.cfg" file in some text editor

- scroll down and find parameter "dev_gui_main_rescale_value=1.0" - by changing its value you change size of the buttons on the main screen

- save the config.cfg and restart Locus

Another option for motorbikes is support of various HW controllers - Carpe Iter or WunderLinQ, see Locus settings > Controlling > Map screen > Use hardware controllers

photo

Aha. The Main_rescale_value parameter does the essence of what I was looking for. Fantastic! Thank you.

Replies have been locked on this page!