This object is in archive! 

Problem with Locus/ option Geocaching

Miloo974 shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello

In the GEOCACHING function, I have a problem.

When I open a page of caches abroad, the description and hint do not appear. I have searched and have not found how to solve this problem.

Example: GC7KGGG2. On the official application, hint = window but on Locus: no tip, no description.

Please, can you help me because I can't use your application anymore!

I must point out that I only have this problem with caches abroad.

Last year I went to Ireland and Scotland and I had the clues and descriptions.

Thanks (I put up two screenshots )

Miloo974

Bonjour

Dans la fonction GEOCACHING, j'ai un problème.

Lorsque j'ouvre une page de cache, le conseil n'apparaît pas et je n'ai plus la description. J'ai cherché et je n'ai pas trouvé de commentaire résoudre ce problème.

Exemple: GC7KGG2. Sur l'application officielle, hint = window mais sur Locus: pas d'astuce, pas de description.

S'il vous plaît, pouvez-vous m'aider parce que je ne peux plus utiliser votre application!

Je dois souligner que je n'ai pas eu de problème concernant les caches à l'étranger.

L'année dernière, je suis allé en Irlande et en Écosse et j'avais les indices et les descriptions.

Merci

Miloo974

Best Answer
photo

Hello,

please answer a few questions, so your approach will be more understandable to us.

- how do you import geocaches to locus? PQ , gpx , link, online via Geocaching4Locus ???

- are you logged in with your GC account in locus as well as in GC4L

- are you premium member?

Wolfgang

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

please answer a few questions, so your approach will be more understandable to us.

- how do you import geocaches to locus? PQ , gpx , link, online via Geocaching4Locus ???

- are you logged in with your GC account in locus as well as in GC4L

- are you premium member?

Wolfgang

photo

Hello, Wolfgang,

- I'm Premium.

- I have just checked in my Geocaching/Parameters account, I have authorized Locus in my authorizations.

- I import caches by "Nearest caches" or "Import from GC code". Never Pocket or GPX (I don't like).

-For the connection, I can't find where to check my connection from my Geo account to Locus.

Miloo974

photo

I just checked in Geocaching4Locus, I'm well connected, I see my nickname.

photo

please check your settings

locus>settings/geocaching/Auto-load images > Image downloading

GC4L> Live map/Download hints > checked

GC4L >Downloading/ Basic info only > unchecked

GC4L > Downloading/Download logs update cache > checked

I didn´t use your workflow often...

so it could be necessary to run "update caches" and run "offlinizer" after import via "nearest caches"

Wolfgang

photo

But in Locus, I don't see my number of caches as I could see before!

photo

Thank you Wolfgang!

When I did GC4L> Live map/Download hints > checked.

The descritptives and hints appeared!

photo

Wolfgang, thanks for your help... I abandoned geocaching a few years ago due to greed of the Groundspeak company so I'm a bit out of GC4L expertise.

photo

Hi,

unfortunately, and this is not our fault nor intention, these features are available only to Geocaching.com Premium members. We just have to comply with the newest Groundspeak Inc terms of use.

photo

Hello

I am Premium

Replies have been locked on this page!