This object is in archive! 

Help!! All my tracks have gone. The last backup on Google is from 2019, not sure why....

Andy Owen shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Android 9.

I think my locus pro updated a few days ago, and all my old tracks have gone... All the walking done under lockdown disappeared. <Boohoo>

Today we went on a walk, this evening I went to have a look at the walk and all track from today was gone (it was split in 3)... I managed to restore from a backup earlier today, fortunately, but in doing so found out all my other tracks had gone!!

Latest backup on Google was from 2019, despite being set up to backup once a week to Google...

Any chance the more recent tracks are still somewhere?

Cheers

Andy

Replies (2)

photo

Have you looked at the local backups in Locus\backup\auto, I wouldnt count on google backups

photo

Hi Andy,

1) "tracks disappeared" - Locus Map doesn't wipe out its own data without the user's permission. Some devices' system does it to clean the memory (especially Xiaomi). So please, exclude Locus Map completely from all and any means of this cleaning (more at https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:disappearing_data). As for the last record - are you sure you saved it properly? When you start track recording again, is a new track recorded or does Locus offer to continue the previous track?

2) "I managed to restore from a backup earlier today, fortunately, but in doing so found out all my other tracks had gone!!" - when you restore a backup, your current track database is rewritten by the backup - therefore there is a warning message before the backup restoration.

3) "Latest backup on Google was from 2019, despite being set up to backup once a week to Google" - check your backup manager settings and also Google Drive - Locus connection - are you logged in? Is Locus connected?

4) "Any chance the more recent tracks are still somewhere?" - as @Alistair wrote - have a look in the Locus\backup\auto directory

Replies have been locked on this page!