This object is in archive! 

data no longer readable for locus

Simon Dietmann shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I have been using locus for many years now and I know about the sd card trouble caused by the rights management since KitKat. I used sdfix on my old galaxy s4 and now have my locus data in a private folder on the external sd card on my s7 without no problems until today. but after downloading routing data via the brouter download app, locus doesn't find any of my tracks and POIs anymore, although they still are where they always have been (can see it in file manager). Do you have any idea how to fix this? Thanks a lot for your help,

Simon

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

so what's the folder with your data, please?

Please check the Menu > Settings > Miscellaneous > Default directories > Set working directory - is it located in folder with the data?

Thanks, Petr

photo

Ahoj Petre,

the data folder is (as it was in the last years) <...>\Card\Android\data\menion.android.locus.pro\files\Locus

the tracks.db and waypoits.db files can be found in the data/database subfolder, but they are only 44 respectively 40 kB in size, so probably all the content is (hopefully!) stored somewhere else (the tracks.db-journal and waypoints.db-journal are 229 and 29 kB).

I tried to locate some other locus database folder in the internal storage, but with no success (the menion.android.locus.pro is empty). Do you have any idea what might have happened? I would be very grateful for any suggestion, because I used Locus Pro quite intensively for years, and thus collected lots of data that I´m missing now. Btw, all the offline maps I purchased are still present and can be used like before.

Cheers, Simon

photo

Hi Simon,

Locus by default create working directory in the internal memory in the folder called 'Locus'. It's needed to move all files manually to the new location if you changed the working directory. Please check if any other folder 'Locus' exists on your device.

BTW: I have to also say that data in folder \Android\data\menion.android.locus.pro... are automatically deleted by system when you uninstall the app. Is it possible that you have re-installed Locus in last couple days?

Petr

photo

The S7 should have plenty of internal storage, no need to use SD card for entire locus folder in Card\Android\data\menion.android.locus.pro\files\Locus

Possibly the Maps, but main locus folder is small

as the Card\Android\data\menion.android.locus.pro\files\Locus can be deleted as mentioned, should only be used for temporary data, very dangerous to use

Thats why SDFix was usefull, gave full control of sd card.

photo

I would suggest to set Locus working directory to the internal memory. To avoid any complications with downloading or uninstall the app. Please check also article https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:use_sdcard_on_kitkat where described how to use Locus with the SDcard

photo

ok, so I think I will follow the advice in the kitkat help you recommended. But now I have the problem that I don´t know how to import tracks and waypoints data from the files I found in a sd card backup I made on an external HD (I suppose it´sthe tracks.db and waypoints.db files, aren´t they?). Is it possible to simply move the tracks.db and the waypoints.db into the appropriate folder? and is the folder for mapItems the one where Locus stores waypoints and tracks? I start getting a little confused...

photo

Honestly, I'm not sure what steps you did. But the best approach is to copy whole folder "Locus" with all sub-folders to the new location.

Anyway tracks.db and waypoints.db really contains points and tracks. These database files have to be stored in folder /Locus/data/database

BR Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!