This object is in archive! 

Screen lock and Xiaomi

Paweł Łabaj shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I use Locus Map on Xiaomi Mi 9t.

I have set disabling all screen locks (included protected). When screen is turned on by navigation direction, LM is shown without asking for password.

It worked until MiUi upgrade to version 12. After the upgrade, every time when LM tries to turn the screen on, I need to enter a password.

Is there any chance to have it work like previously?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Pawel,

please have a look at the system permissions for Locus, especially permission to be on the lockscreen, permission of auto-start etc.

photo

Hi Michal,

Locus has all permissions mentioned.

photo

Hi Pawel,

then, for the time being, this feature is probably unavailable for MIUI12 devices. We are sorry.

photo

No worries - I could live with that :-)

However, I'd like to have the functionality working back, as it is very convenient.

photo

Try this:

- open Locus settings > Controlling > Display > Screen on/off control - enable it (select if one or two wavings will suit you)

- enable "Always screen on" in the same settings section, select "Always"

- in Locus settings > Miscellaneous > Run Locus Map as service - enable it

When the first option is used for the first time, the system asks you for permission to add Locus Map as your system administrator - allow it.

photo

I have all the settings you mentioned.

System didn't ask for permission to add Locus Map as system administrator. Unless it did it couple months ago when I was installing the app.

I need to learn how to check this permission in the system

photo

MIUI 11: phone settings > system settings > more settings > privacy > system administrators (unfortunately, I don't have MIUI 12 for comparison)

photo

I've found the settings - thanks @Michal - it was enabled.

I went through all settings metioned in this thread, disabled and reenabled them, restarted phone and ...

... it works now!

I don't know why. I'm sure I did only off/on "operation". Maybe some settings were cached wrongly?

However, I confirm that disabling all screen locks (included protected) works on Xiaomi Mi 9T with MiUi 12

Replies have been locked on this page!