This object is in archive! 

Save all datas from a excursion

Fabrizio Panattoni shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello!

I registered some excursions with points with associated photos. I wondered if there is a way to export everything in one file or a folder. I tried to save it as gpx or kmz but it didn't work for me. It saves only the path without photos.

Thank you ,

Fabrizio

Best Answer
photo

Photopoints added to a track are made this way:

/48d4a95f196207ac6013291be07e0b77

If you added points via some other button or feature (e.g. points manager), such points are not connected to the track.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Fabrizio,

check the "including attachments" option before the export:

/c56ea1ff29a5f31b3cafc9e9b0ff99ee

photo

Thanks for your answer. I have that option checked and I noticed it worked only for one excursion where I added points without photos (and I added them in a second moment). When I saved quick points with photos it doesn't work.

photo

Hi Fabrizio,

could you please describe step by step how you created the track with photo points, how you exported it and how you imported it to another Locus? I've tested export/import of a track with photopoints and all is OK.

photo

Hi Michal,

of course I can.

Creation

After pressing 'Rec' when I see something I'm interested in I press the camera button (I have installed the app in italian I guess the button is called Photopoint). I take the picture and click 'ok'. It appears a screen where I can put informations for that point but I usually leave it as it is (I leave a screenshot). I press 'save' and go on with the excursion. When I'm done I press the 'stop' button and save.

Export

If I want to export a track I click on it and it opens. Then I press the menu button on the right at the bottom of the app and click export. I tried to save my tracks in gpx and kmz but I don't get the photo folder. I attach a screenshot of my saving screen.

Sorry for my english! And thank you for your patience.

Fabrizio

photo

Hi Fabrizio,

I've repeated your steps exactly as you described them but the result is correct both in GPX and KMZ format... I'm sorry, I can't simulate the problem.

Michal

photo

Thank you Michal for your time,

Fabrizio

photo

The only thing I notices is that photopoints are not saved as waypoints in the track.. Probably is there a way to add them automatically?

photo

Hi Fabrizio,

I don't understand - of course the points are saved as waypoints, see the exported GPX - they have <wpt> tags. Adding automatically - should Locus create photopoints on its own or how do you mean this?

photo

I try to explain myself better. I added the photopoints while recording a track. The problem is that those points don't belong to the track when i finish to record. They are shown but are standalone, not bounded to the track recorded.

Probably i press the wrong button to add a point when I record?

photo

Photopoints added to a track are made this way:

/48d4a95f196207ac6013291be07e0b77

If you added points via some other button or feature (e.g. points manager), such points are not connected to the track.

photo

Thank you Michal, eventually I understand the problem. I didn't add the photos from there! I created on the screen a quick button and used it.. That's why the pictures weren't saved as waypoints.

Thank you again, Fabrizio

Files: t.jpeg
photo

If you want to export both a track (or tracks) and your photopoints, use the feature Share > All as KMZ (see https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:share#all_as_kmz - all active tracks and points (displayed on map) are packed into one file including attachments).

photo

Thank You Michal.. this saved me a lot of time

Replies have been locked on this page!