This object is in archive! 

Locus under Android 11

Martin Fd shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi there

last week I received the update to Android 11 on my Pixel 3a and since then I have had the problem that my beloved Locus App very often reacts very slowly.

For example, it takes a long time to open the datails to a cache and then switch to the listing or the waypoints etc. and also deleting temporary data takes an extremely long time.

And when closing Locus an error message appears every time after a few seconds (see appendix) and then disappears again a bit later.

Maybe the problem has already come to you and we can hope for a remedy soon? It's no fun at the moment ...

Many greetings and thank you!

Martin

P.S. other apps show a similar behaviour since the Android 11 update

Replies (10)

photo

same problem here

restored my locus version from an old device (where it works perfect)

now on android 11 same problem

even when all content is deactivaed

photo

I wouldn't change. The problems will definitely be solved. try the new LM4 version. Maybe it's better there.

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6817.0

photo

@freischneider: where do I find a new version in the thread you linked?

The problems on my Pixel 3a under Adroid 11 are not solved and like @Die Mondputzer I am thinking about moving to c:geo. I would very much like to stick with Locus, but at the moment there is very limited fun with it :(

photo

In the first post is the link to download

photo

This links to a 3.49xx version not a 4.xx version ...?!

photo

that's ok it's LM4

photo

Thank you for feedback at all

@Martin Fd I think so, I stay at Locus and looking forward to a new, better version of Locus.

my LM is now working a little bit faster after I do this things:

0. (Backup your settings, they are going lost if not)

1. in Settings-> Miscellaneous-> General , i set the working directory to "Internal storage (privat)"

2. after restart LM I reinstalled my last backup of LM

3. This sets the working direkctory to "Internal storage" back

4. after a second restart of LM it works faster, not opitmal but better :)

Regards

Lutz

@freischneider I try it as soon as possible

photo

but still crashes when locus is closed on android11

photo

Report a bug here at the help desk. At LM4 you can also write it in the forum under LM4. The best thing is to create an error report and send it to Menion.

https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log

photo

o.k. thanks @Die Mondputzer I will try that ...

photo

Hi @Die Mondputzer,

I now set the working directory to "Internal storage (private)" and the first impression is, that it improved the performance a lot ... I will keep an eye on :)

photo

@Martin Fd I do it too :)

photo

I´ve installed LM 4 and the first sight is "wow" .... and the performance is better as the old version.

I will watch it.

Lutz

photo

@Die Mondputzer which version did you install: the one in the link from @freischneider above?

photo

deactivate locus as a system service

then the crashing problem is gone...

Replies have been locked on this page!