This object is in archive! 

My phone is locked (forgot password) and I have to perform a factory reset

Radu shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

My question is: if I perform a factory reset to my phone, do I lose everything (tracks, POIs, etc.)? I used Locus for 6 years and I have huge database with traks and a lot of POIS. I know Locus makes backup files. In my case, can I restore all I had before if I reset it or use another phone, after I enter my Google account again? Or I need a backup file for that? Because I don't have, unfortunatley...

Replies (8)

photo

Hello.

Can you connect your phone via USB to a PC and browse the files on your phone?

Best regards.

Adela Vodlanova

photo

I tried that but it says: empty folder. I aready tried everything possible, Unfortunately, there's nothing else to try. And from all I have in there, I feel sorry the most for that I have stored in Locus. Anyway, after reading in help about the backup system, I think I've lost everything. There's nothing in google drive. :(

photo

Hello.

Did you have Locus stored on your SD card or phone? Users usually have Locus on the phone and folders with routes and points and maps on the sd card.

Find the Locus folder and there you should have subfolders with tracks and waypoints.

BR

Adela

photo

Hello!

Everything is in the phone. Nothing on the SD card. My fault for not storing the backup file somewhere...

photo

I'm sorry, but the only way to obtain data from the phone is to connect the phone to a PC and go through the Locus files.

BR

Adela

photo

Unfortunatley, in modern smartphones it seems that you can't just connect the phone to the computer and explore files. You have to do all kinds of settings in advance. When mine was connected, it always said "empty folder".

photo

Hello.

I'm sorry, but if you see empty files, there's probably no other way to get them off the phone.

BR

Adela

photo

Hello,

You say it says 'empty folder' when you connect your smartphone to your PC.

Maybe it's because you have conditioned access to your smartphone to a password ? If so, you must enter this password to access the smartphone files from a PC.

photo

That was before. Now, after the reset, if I connect my phone to my laptop I get the message - chose what's happen to... - and, if I allow it from my phone, I do have acces. I tried that after I read your message, because I was curious if it's the same. No ideea what's different now. I have fingerprint and pin.

Anyway, now I'm all set, with backup in drive and all that. We all learn from mistakes, I guess.

Replies have been locked on this page!