Export Tracks to internal storage does not work Error Code 12561

bugfix shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

Export Tracks to internal storage does not work Error Code 12561

Hi folks, could someone help me with this. It appears since month now. When I change the storage path in settings it resets itself to /sdcard [means internal storage]/Locus/export...

see attached screenshot, hope to get help, thx

Replies (6)

photo

Hello bugfix,

export to SD card is still not (yet) possible on the modern Android A5+ devices in the Locus Map. Sorry for the little bit unclear error message.

Thanks for understanding,

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

I may left a unclear explanation, but I do NOT try to export to external storage. It does not work to export to internal!

photo

Hello bugfix,

I've merged your new request and re-opened it. No problem to continue here.

Oki, understand, thanks. This happens for all tracks, no matter if it's new, old, GPX format, KML format, etc? Unfortunately, this error 12561 is a little too generic and I can't say exactly where is a problem.

Should be possible to create a bug report after this issue happens, based on this method? Thanks

Menion

photo

Hi Menion,

thank you for merging and understanding.

yes this happens for all tracks and only for automatic export. Export by "hand" (selecting track in track browser click right bottom corner ( ^ ) then click export) works fine.

I know this report may help but I ask myself what are you doing with all the confidential data in bug report? And who is behind this email address? I am a bit unsure about that.

regards torsten

photo

Hello Torsten,

only for automatic export? Any more useful info in your pocket?

Internally, there should be no difference between manual backup and automatic backup. Because you made some changes in the export directory setup, I highly recommend to re-set automatic backup settings. Did you try it? Maybe creating a new recording profile and just set auto-export to GPX, nothing more, and try it again.

Anyway data send to support email remains private for our team. Who is behind Locus Map? We still do not have some kind of "team presentation", but at least the slider on our company page tells you little more: http://www.asamm.com/?lang=en#team-section (ah, few of our members does not have photo there).

Menion

photo

Have the same bug right now. App is up to date, space available.

Solved with a workaround : from "Export" menu, instead of clicking "Export" button, check the "Share exported data" and then click the "Share" button. Then you just have to use the "Save as..." function of your file manager app : either the default file manager, Google "Files" app, or a third-party app like "Amaze" file manager.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file