This object is in archive! 

Can't open URLs

Melata shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

When I click on a link (e.g. help, favorites), locus tells me there is no application available. S5 mini with Android 6, default browser is Opera.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Melata,

Which links can't be opened, may you please specify it little more?

Opera browser is the only browser on your device? Opera sometimes cause problems, but from what I know, it should work correctly in the latest version(s).

Menion

photo

Hello Menion,

Opera is not the only browser, but the default one. I remember problems with it in locus months ago, but recently it worked fine.

But now, when I click on a quick bookmark or helpdesk/knowledge base/website, nothing happens but the error "no apps available".

But surprisingly I just found out that the URL in a track opens Opera without any problem.

photo

As the problem still exists in 3.49.1 I tried to set Chrome as default browser, restarted the phone and got exactly the same error. Links to locus homepage and quick bookmarks are not working, the ones in tracks do open a browser (now Chrome).

photo

Try installing android firefox browser as a test, theres known issues with old ( previous to Android8) chrome that is only going to get worse, firefox handles https differently to the other browser.

photo

Installed Firefox, set it as default, restarted phone, tried - still the same problem. :(

photo

Hello Melata,

thanks for your tests. To be true, I have no exact idea why it does not work on your device. Anyway I made a small change in the app that should hopefully help. You will have to wait on next version 3.50 (it may take some time, few weeks).

Menion

Replies have been locked on this page!