This object is in archive! 

dirt roads

Armando Meneghel shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Andrea

I can't explain myself well.

I don't know how to take screenshots or videos while I open Locus Map.

I managed to download the Italy map from Openandromaps, unfortunately I also downloaded the houses, but in the details I see NO addresses.

I also downloaded "Elevate 4"

I'm interested in the maps of my area (Northern Italy - Pordenone) with all possible indications:

Trekking bikes, MTB, .......... I therefore need to see and I SEE in addition to the asphalted roads and the cycle paths also the white dirt roads, the dirt and gravel tracks, or country roads of earth and grass. Everything is ok.

If I try to plan a route automatically, giving only the final point or address and it makes me run on the asphalt roads while my desire is to go along dirt roads, paths, avoiding asphalt as much as possible, but letting the shortest route automatically.

If I decide to do the manual route, it doesn't let me choose “MTB” and offers me 6 choices (1 manual drawing, 2 cars, 3 short cars, 4 racing bikes, 5 normal bikes (short) 6 excursions).

Thanks for your interest and help

Armando

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Armando,

you can use different sources for computing / planning the route (in case of automatic planing). There are online sources Graphopper or Yours and offline Brouter. The map itself doesn't contain the navigation data and Locus use for routing mentioned routing services.

To change the source for routing open Menu > Settings > Navigation > tap on Router. I'd suggest using Graphooper for online routing. You can add more points to influence the planned route.

Manual mode crates only plain line between shaping points.

Please see https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning for more info about planning the route

Thanks, Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!