This object is in archive! 

Locus unable to call in ANY browser

Piotr Tymiński shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

Scenario (latest Locus):

Doogee S88 Pro running Android 10 unable to call in a default browser for Google Drive login (yes, tried them all - Chrome, Edge, Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Samsung, Opera etc).

Other phones (Ulefone Armor 2/Android 7, Samsung Note 4/Android 6) - same story. They actually log in to Google Drive because somehow they "remember" it from previous versions but are still unable to call in any browser when, say, trying to use About app/Helpdesk/Website option - "no apps available".

It definitely worked in older versions.

Question: how can I force Locus to log in to Google drive on Android 10 without it being able to detect any browser? Any override? Config file tweaking? Whatever?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Piotr,

I've discussed probably the same problem with you on a different topic, right? Maybe it was a different user with a very similar issue, anyway, I made some changes in the app so it should still call "display web page" even if internally detect that no browser is installed on the device. Hope it helps you. So please wait on the next version (will be published during next 14 days, can't promise exact date now) and let me know, thanks.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Thank you Menion! It must've been a different user I guess but it means I am not the only one with this problem. I hope this workaround will let me open the browser and get into Google Drive login page.

photo

Anything? I logged out of Google Drive on one of my older phones and, of course, I am unable to log back in since Locus cannot see any browser...

photo

Piotr, sorry for unexpected delay. We are just preparing new version 3.50, that should be published during next days. I hope it will make a difference on your device.

Replies have been locked on this page!