This object is in archive! 

Motorcycle adventures

Jimmy Pettersson shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Work this app for traveling around with motorcycle, onle see bikes, hiking and car

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Jimmy,

Hello,

we would like to specify your question / problem more precisely.

Can you please specify your problem in more detail?

Thank you

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Just wondering if the app is god for motorcycle riding on regular roads

photo

Hi,

for sure it is not as good as Waze when on the road to avoid traffic, yet I use it quite often when I need to go to a precise point. so for the last Km it is perfect

I click on the map, select navigate to and.. voila... follow the guide (need brouter though)

With offline maps it is perfect

I also used on vacations in Romania & Chile. my navigation app (tomtom) only had the major roads and so it was difficult to reach the destination. But with Locus, no problem

More, i recorded my tracks so it makes nice souvenir

in conclusion, for highways driving useless, for small roads, really appreciated

PS : and I use it * a lot* when doing offroad bike

photo

Ok thanks for info, have to learn it then, people say it's a high learning curve this app but if you learn it it's good i heard, any good tutourial vidz?

photo

Ive been using it for 10 years and im still learning new things

theers so many features, you pick and choose.

heers the best place to start

https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide

photo

Hello Jimmy,

It will definitely be a good application to try on a motorcycle as well.

Take advantage of the option to import your own routes and points, let yourself be navigated to your favorite place.

The application is ready to replace your manual GPS navigation and be your daily helper in the field.

Using maps without an Internet connection is the basic idea of Locus Map. Locus Map offers downloadable offline maps of the world from the Locus Store, and also allows you to save some online maps to your device.

You can record the routes of your trips or sports training and track speed and distance data.

You can find a detailed user guide here on our website.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Have a nice day

Andrea

Replies have been locked on this page!