Add Harvey's British Mountain Maps to the Locus Store?

Geoff Moss shared this idea 3 years ago
Gathering feedback

These are good topographic maps, popular and with a good reputation in the UK.

https://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/british-mountain-maps.html

Any chance they could be added to the Locus Store?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

thank you for the idea. We'll contact the publisher later this year if there is any chance for cooperation.

Thanks, Petr

photo

Hi, my comment below was actually meant as a reply to you, but I see I added it to the top thread so it probably got missed.

Did you ever contact Harvey? There are areas where OSM based maps are awfully inadequate, and even OS maps are barely usable, but maps produced by Harvey shine.

For now I have to use Avenza just to buy those maps. It's great to have it as an alternative store as they have a very extensive availability of such premium maps, but, unfortunately, feature-wise that app is barely more than a glorified image viewer, nowhere near Locus capabilities.

I'd really like to be able to access maps like Harvey's in Locus instead, even if it meant similar one-off purchases on top of the subscription itself.

photo

Hi,

we contacted them in December 2022 but received no response. I sent the request again today

Thanks, Petr

photo

Thanks. They provide digital maps via at least 3 apps at this point - Outdooractive (and, in the past, in Viewranger), Hiiker and Avenza - so hopefully there is some established partnership process in place that would make this easy. https://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/digital-mapping.html

photo

Great, thank you for info

photo
photo

Hi, did you ever contact them? I like Harvey Maps too, and would love to use them in Locus.

photo

I contacted Harvey Maps and Locus Map. No joy yet! It was a while back now and I can't even remember if I had a reply from Harvey. I note that Outdooractive offers the Harvey mapping but you need to pay for the expensive Pro+ subscription to get it.

photo
photo

As a fan of Harvey maps and Locus maps, this would be a fantastic integration, even at a cost equivalent to the paper maps.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file