This object is in archive! 

Slow GPS fix though several satellites available

Gervin Ruegenberg shared this problem 3 years ago
Closed

Hi, I have been using Locus Pro for years without bigger problems. I use a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. Sadly, since several months I have the following problem:

When the GPS gets enabled (when starting Locus Pro or after standby) it takes in approx 70 % of the cases very long (5 minutes and more) before a GPS fix is achieved. The problem is not related to the number of satellites in view or their signal strength, it happens even with 10 satellites in view and good signal.

When the problem is present and I open then another GPS app like "GPS Test Plus" (while Locus Pro is still waiting for a fix), "GPS Test Plus" get almost immediately a fix in most cases. When I then change to Locus Pro, it normally also gets a fix then. Once Locus Pro has found a fix, it works better for some time (even after standby), but the same problem appears again after not using Locus for some time.

In some cases it also happens that Locus Maps means to have a GPS fix (GPS symbol green), but the GPS position on the map is far off (up to several kilometers). In that case it can also take minutes before the correct position is shown.

I have already tried to reset the A-GPS data but with no relevant success.

I have not altered any related settings like GPS auto-off etc.

The behavior that Locus Pro fails to get a fix over minutes while "GPS Test Plus" gets it immediately under the same conditions occurs quite consistently. I think this means that the GPS signal, number of satellites in view and the GPS receiver of the phone can't be the reason for the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

If I can try something to further localize the problem pls. let me know, I am quite familiar with troubleshooting techniques.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Gervin,

1) make sure Locus Map is excluded from all means of the battery optimization and that it has all necessary system permissions granted

2) go to Locus settings > GPS&sensors > Google Services assisted location - ON

photo

Hi Michal,

thank you for the quick reply. I have checked both settings and they were already as they should be:

1.Locus Map is excluded from the energy management and it is allowed to use as much energy as necessary.

2.In the settings the Google location assistance is enabled.

So those settings can’t be the reason of the problem.

Von: Locus Map [mailto:locus.map@asamm.com]

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2021 10:35

An: Gervin Ruegenberg <RuegenbergG@aol.com>

Betreff: New Comment in "Slow GPS fix though several satellites available"

photo

Hi Gervin,

I'm sorry but we are unable to simulate the problem. We are putting the topic to standby and we'll await more feedback from other users.

Replies have been locked on this page!