This object is in archive! 

Pro version on a Garmin Overlander

Orlando Eduardo shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Some years ago I bought the pro version to instal in a Android smartphone.

Since for the last years I move to Apple's, I stop used Locus but, recently, I bought an Garmin Overlander, based in Android. I tried to install again Locus pro version but I couldn't do this.

Could you tell me how to install the pro version in this device, since I bought it on the past, as I mention above?

thanks and best regards

Replies (4)

photo

Its based on android, but it doesnt come with google play services/play store

I would get these working first

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/garmin-overlander-which-google-services-framework-apk-is-correct.4109203/

once you have play store working, things will be a lot easier/

photo

Ive had a quick google search, it doesnt look good for getting Play Store on the overlander.....

photo

Hi Orlando,

As Alistair has mentioned, Locus Map Pro works only on Android devices with Google Play and services. It needs them for its license verification.

photo

Good morning

Thanks for the reply - yes, you right: the Garmin Overland is based in android but isn't a really one. Google Play doesn't work - to download and install the apps, we need to use an "alternative" store such as ApkMirror or Aptoide and that was what I did to install Locus Map Free.

So, according to your comment, I can't install the pro version on this device from now.

And about my account, is it still valid?

Kind regards

Orlando Eduardo

orlandoe.carvalho@gmail.com

Locus Map <locus.map@asamm.com> escreveu no dia segunda, 8/02/2021 à(s) 09:00:

photo

Hello,

I have the dezl 1000. I use the Amazon app store. Amazon offer Locus Map Pro.

Best regards

Dirk

photo

Yes but as its a different store you would have to buy it again, you cant swop purchases from play store to amazon store

photo

Amazon version of LM Pro needs Amazon Appstore installed on the device so that it can verify the license.

photo

Orlando, it will be much easier to sideload on to the garmin the amazon appstore, and from there purchase the amazon version of locus

But will amazon version get Locus version 4 etc? Michal? Soon the locus pro version that Orlando bought will only get bug fixes after all and not new features.

photo

Hello,

yes you have to pay again.

But we talk about 10 Euro. 10 Euro for the best app.

If this is the simples way to support these guys I will pay it three times :-)

Your fan

Dirk

photo

Exactly Dirk

Im happy that the team are going on to subscription, especially as it means we will get more features.

photo

If you buy Locus Map Pro on Amazon, it is no problem to refund the Google Play purchase. But as Alistair has said, the next generation of Locus Map will not be available on Amazon as Amazon doesn't support subscribed apps. And generally, the cooperation with them sucks. No support, no access to our users' licenses, no management of them, no refunds... and moreover, absolutely incompetent app-verifying procedure.

photo

Thanks to all for the comments - you really help me a lot

photo

Today I have both Locus Pro & Locus 4 Gold inside Garmin Overlander, and I'm testing both, and with login with email /password, without need of Google Account. Some weeks ago I wrote an email to Locus to transform my account from Google to Email; I did not lost anything with this (data in Locus-cloud or LoCoins)

Replies have been locked on this page!