This object is in archive! 

Locus map pro 3.50.1 always crashes while launching (Android 11)

Sonja Schemenauer shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

My mom got a new SIM card, and since then Locus always crashes while launching. It's really strange but that is the only difference she made with her mobile phone... She used locus regularily before but now the app behaves as if she were opening it for the first time.

She is asked to accept the terms of usage (which she does). Then on the second page she ist asked to accept the privacy policy. As soon as she accepts, locus immediately crashes. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find a log file of the crash.

I tried to fix the problem myself a few times. Today I gave up. We deinstalled the programm and then reinstalled it from the Google Play Store. With the same "success"...

My mom uses a mobile Mi A3 with Android 11. Any other data that might help? Any idea what else we might try?

Replies (12)

photo

Hello Sonja,

If the reinstallation didn't help, I'll have to ask you to create an error message.

Detailed information on how to create this error message can be found at this link on our website.

Thank you

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Ok, thanks! That will have to wait until my Mom's next visit when we can help her. I'll get back to you. :-)

photo

Hello Sonja,

Thank you, I'll wait until you have the opportunity to create an error message :-).

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Hi Andrea,

yesterday I finally saw my Mom. I tried to follow up on your instructions (not so easy as many pages looked different than in your instruction but I think I may have managed in the end) and now can send you links to two bug logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kB90Ew0bXI-f3jo6WHF5lDEQJ1D9bJRZ/view?ts=606ee5e7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCHBpnVP10Xoj2bb-haDQ88rHpBCS7-u/view?ts=606ee5da

I hope that I did this right and that these log files are useful. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure as locus "behaved" differently yesterday than what I had described above. Yesterday, locus wouldn't open AT ALL. I'd click the button and for the blink of an eye you'd think that "something" would happen, but it never did. A re-installation didn't make any difference either... :-(

All other apps on my Mom's phone are working just fine. Locus is the only one that is refusing to co-operate...

Looking forward to hearing from you

Sonja

By the way, one other strange fact: My Mom is part of our Google family group. I bought locus and she used to be able to download it from there. Now, suddenly, locus is the only app that appears on my phone in the family group but not on hers. We finally gave up when I saw her recently and she bought locus herself but still it isn't working (as described above)...

photo

Hello Sonja,

Thanks for sending. I apologize for the slight delay in answering. .

I will pass on your message to our developer.

I will keep you informed of developments.

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Hello Sonja,

Unfortunately, we were unable to download your data.

We need to know what account it's shared on.

Can you please specify that?

Thank you

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Ok, next try. I downloaded the files and attached them here.

photo

Hm. That didn't seem to work either. Or did you receive the attachments?!?

photo

Hello Sonja,

Thanks for resubmitting the error message.

It looks like there is a problem in the application's internal Google database.

Please try in the system settings Locus Map> "clear data" and "clear cache".

But before that, make a backup of the settings (via Backup manager).

More on this link on our website.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Hi Andrea,

this morning, we did get Locus to run again - but not like you described. When I looked at Locus' system settings, "clear data" and "clear cache" were shown grey (disabled) as there was no information stored there in the first case!

I then tried moving Locus to the internal storage of the phone (from the SD card). And lo and behold - since then it has worked just fine...

For my mother, that is all she needs. So thank you for your help. :)

Greetings

Sonja

photo

Hello Sonja,

Great, thank you for the message.

I'm glad it's already working :-)

Have a nice day

Andrea

Replies have been locked on this page!