This object is in archive! 

The Variable Route Interpolation Step: use it correctly also while Saving manual Routes.

Markus shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

This variable is normally set to 100m. But there is still used a fixed constant of 100m while saving the manual route.

Please just exchange the constant of 100m with the Variable "Route interpolation step".

This Variable is normaly also set to 100m, so it would not change anything for normal users.

But it would save the manual route exactly as you planned it. Why not just correctly use this Variable instead of the fixed constant ?

Problem i have: manual drawn Route is not saved as planned ! I cannot share and save my drawn routes (height profiles) as i see it while planning.

To exchange this constant with the correct varialbe will not change anything for normal users, so why not correct this problem for me ?

Best Answer
photo

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I was also thinking about this another option > checkbox to save interpolated data.

---

Little later: oki. Probably the best solution for now. I do not want to break current functionality, so new settings will be added in the next Locus Map Pro/4 versions. Thanks for the idea.

/076f6dcfedcc021e6eabd43cdc9d3b8a

Menion

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Markus,

it is not so simple as it looks. Interpolation parameter is used really only in the route planner screen. When the track is saved, all manual segments are replaced by a straight line. So the behavior will! change in case, the parameter will be used upon saving.

So here come my worries, if this change causes any problems with export/navigation etc. What is the reason you need this change?

photo

Yes i understand. I think if a special user change this Variable, then this user also want to save this additional points. Maybe we can mark this Points as interpolated points. (but not necessary)

Ok... first the interpolation step was fixed to 100m. We changed this to a variable in expert Settings.

Now for saving the Manual drawn Route we have again a fixed 100m step.

Yes if someone changes the Variable in Expert Settings, then this person Want tighter Interpolation and more saved Points.

Specially for users which go Ski-Mountaineering, We need tight height interpolation for a profile.

Drawing a manual Route and Saving it should be same.

And again, if a user let this Variable at 100m, then it is like always bevore. (100m variable is same as 100m constant)

On straight Lines, the interpolation is necessary for Height Profiles. And in future, we will have much tighter height data available all over.

We use Locus now in our Mountain Rescue Team. And therefore i made OSM Data high dense in our region. And use Height Data with 3m point density. So we get Maps of 1:5000 or 1:1000.

greets Markus

photo

ok... i checked again. And found out that Locus saves just the fixed Points. (no 100m constant)

So maybe...

In Expert Settings, we have actual just 1 Option in RoutePlanner Category.

I hope its an Option for you, to add a checkbox Option to expert Settings. "Save manual Route with Interpolation"

So that finally in RoutePlaner Category are 2 Expert Options.

Screenshots: Bevore saving / after saving

photo

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I was also thinking about this another option > checkbox to save interpolated data.

---

Little later: oki. Probably the best solution for now. I do not want to break current functionality, so new settings will be added in the next Locus Map Pro/4 versions. Thanks for the idea.

/076f6dcfedcc021e6eabd43cdc9d3b8a

Menion

photo

Thanks Menion

Really Happy about this solution. Now all this works really nearby perfect for us.

Next time i try to check first and write less :)

Really cool that u find the Time for such Things. (Really fast response and Solution)

Locus is at moment The Best option for Professionals. Much possibilities but still Easy to Use.

I plan to support u a little more... Dont forget to take timeouts for yourselfe.

photo

Perfect solved. Interpolation is held as Interpolation Points. (No additional Routepoints)

Thanks for working on it. Works as i wished. 😁

Now Terrain can be analyzed. and Saved with the Cut Profiles. (if you use high density Height Model .hgt)

Replies have been locked on this page!