Make workflow of downloading new LoMap from Locus-Store more clear

Beno Müller shared this idea 3 years ago
Gathering feedback

When downloading a new LoMap in the Locus-Store, I'm every time a little bit uncertain whether I need to download first the map, than the elevation data and (since LM4) the offline routing data (assuming that I want all of this data). Or whether the last two datasets (elevation data and offline routing data) are already included in the overall map download. Maybe make this more explicit in the translation? "Additional download of elevation data / offline routing data" etc. And if the data has been already downloaded, grey out the download arrows next to the options (or replace the arrow by an update symbol similar to this one: https://icon-library.com/icon/icon-for-update-28.html)?

No direct answer expected, since already answered in the Forum by Menion:

"Hi Beno,

thanks for the feedback. Exactly this in the Locus Store needs improvement, I'm well aware of this. Currently, map, elevation data, and also routing data are downloaded separately. It has also its advantages: you may just download elevation or routing data without the need to download the map itself (if you use any other than LoMap). We will anyway try to improve it ..."

Replies (1)

photo

All possible, just please dont overwrite existing .hgt data.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file