If I buy 3.51 do I have to pay again when 4.0 comes out

MARK L LIDD shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

or is the new version free?

thx

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Mark,

The new version 3.51.1 is free to download on Google Play (for existing users).

Locus Pro users will receive an exclusive 100% discount on an annual Silver subscription and 50% on an annual Gold subscription.

You can find more information about LM4 here on this link on our website.

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Not quite the answer to my question, but something I would have asked anyway.

To rephrase my original question: I heard that version 4 is coming out.  If I buy version 3 (3.51) will the upgrade to 4 be free for existing users of pro?  of silver?  of gold?

Also a different question.  Can I print a map with tracks?  Will printing work with any map?  Can I export a track to other users to use in their map app?

Thx

Mark

Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 3:55 AM

To: Mark Li <mark@baretoes.net>

Subject: New Comment in "If I buy 3.51 do I have to pay again when 4.0 comes out"

photo

Hello Mark

As answer to your different questions:

1. Print a Map with Tracks: Yes easiest way is to make a Screenshot. Additionally you can export Tracks to any other Application.

2. Yes export of Routes, Tracks, Waypoints with Pictures is possible. Also to export together in one .kml file.

Also LiveTracking is possible, to share to your Friends.

AND in LM 4 Gold you can also synchronize your Tracks to all "Your" other devices.

(same account on devices)

So i decided for Locus Map 4 GOLD, because free LoMaps included and The synchronizing functions... )

For free maps and such a good Application the Annual Price is cheap.

photo

Andrea has responded correctly to your question. You just did not understand it correctly.

When you are per owner. Can you use LM4 for free. All can use LM4 for free.

But there are new features in LM4 and these costs. As per user, you get these functions in the silver for a year for free.

You can not go wrong with the purchase of Pro.

Print .... I know nothing about it.

You can export tracks in different formats. And also directly with contacts or FB, ... Share.

Everything is explained in the help.

https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php

photo

Hello Mark

Answer is not so easy... For exactly same functions than Locus Map Pro (3.51), you need the Silver version of Locus Map 4.

The new Locus 4 is having new Functions, and new costs for servers and so on.

To get this costs in and for their really good Work on the Application, they decided to make a new purchasing model.

So your options Are:

1. use LM3.5 PRO. (+ will be updated and fully supported, - just less functions than LM4 Silver and Gold)

2. use LM4 free (- with less functions and some advertising banners)

3. pay LM4 Silver (free for Pro Users in 1st Year) / cheapest option and nearby equal to LM3.51 PRO

4. or pay LM4 Gold (and get LoMaps for free and get a discount on price 50% in 1st Year)

LoMaps are the vector Maps which you can use for Address Search and search for Points of Interest.

This is the Reason why i decided to Pay the annual Price for LocusMap 4 Gold subscription. I get free maps and updates.

Some euros per Year for such a good Application is nothing, AND in Gold Model you get all LoMaps for free. (also the updates)

As existing Pro User you get an discount for the 1st Year subscription.

(so that you get back the money which you payed for Pro Version)

Hope this is understandable. (and hope i did understand right)

photo

Got it. Thanks for the clearest explanation.

photo

So the point is: if you Pay now Locus Map Pro, and later Locus Map 4 Silver or Gold, you will get your Money back, because you get the discount on the Subscriptions.

So feel free to use LocusMap Pro. Till YOU decide to use Silver or Gold version of LM4.

photo

I am also just a User, so i hope most what i told here is right 😁 Its how i did understand.

photo

Hello,

Thank you @Markus for a great detailed explanation.

I wouldn't write it better :-)

Have a nice day

Andrea

Replies have been locked on this page!