This object is in archive! 

Multiple layer overlap rendering issue

Aleksandar Sosic shared this problem 3 years ago
Not a Problem

I've got some old but very detailed maps of my area. I had to convert the .png + .map files to .mbtiles before loading them as offline maps in Locus.

Unfortunately, I'm having this issue as seen on the video here:

https://youtu.be/jwC3SAE-MGg

Basically, when I have overlapping regions within the maps I have issues rendering those regions. With specific zoom and location the map shows up, even with transparency between the layers and it works like I would expect it always.

What am I doing wrong? How can I avoid this issue?

Replies (2)

photo

Dear Aleksandar,

the easiest solution is to disable the automatic loading. Menu > Settings > Maps > Offline maps > Raster Maps > Automatic map loading > select "No map auto-load" But you have to select manually every region.

I guess that your maps contain transparent tiles on the border that are mixed with map tiles from the second map. Probably the best option would be to merge the source maps before you convert them to .mbtiles

BTW: do you use other offline raster maps or only these converted .mbtiles maps, please?

Thanks, Petr

photo

I only use these maps.

I would very much like to have all loaded at one and not to select the region every time :(

The maps are quite detailed and there are a LOT of files I use for my region.

photo

I can understand it. So I'd suggest to merge the source raster files into one. What SW do you use? With GDAL or QGIS it's possible to merge them to the virtual raster and create .mbtiles from virtual raster file

photo

I'll try QGIS. Thank you.

photo

Fine, feel free to email me about the progress

Thanks, Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!