This object is in archive! 

Wear OS app: orientation of the map

Frank Berger shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi there,

I'm a happy user of Locus Map Pro for many years, using it mostly for hiking. Since I knew that there was Wear OS support, I just recently bought a TicWatch Pro 3 GPS, but unfortunately I had to find out by now that the Wear OS app is rather old and there is currently no development. That's really a pitty.

Anyway, I tried it today during a walk, and it still worked more or less fine. I fixed Bluetooth connection lost problems by excluding the Locus Map Watch app from battery optimization on my Huawei Mate 9.

There is still one annoying problem left: on the watch the map seems to be oriented in the direction of movement instead of remaining North oriented. For me as somebody who is used to work with maps, it's essential to have a North oriented map, otherwise I won't find my way (or have to pull out the smartphone to double-checkk).

Is there a way to get a fixed North oriented map on the Wear OS map?

Thanks

Frank

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Frank,

there is a button on the watch map screen switching rotation on and off.

photo

Great, thanks. Now that you mentioned it, I finally found it. It's sometimes overlayed by the crosshair icon (the one to return to the current position). I also had to tap on the icon multiple times in order to get a reaction, but now it's working as desired.

Do you happen to know if the Wear OS add-on will still work with Locus 4?

Regards

Frank

photo

Yes, it should work OK with Locus Map 4.

Replies have been locked on this page!