This object is in archive! 

Can the dashboard display an altitude graph of 30-50 km or more when using navigation?

Dong-Geulami shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

cc24830ab8fd9fbbf0d08e11d5c094f8

When I'm on a long hike, I get the help of an altitude graph in the Locus Map dashboard.

In general, distances less than 20km can be displayed on the Locus Map dashboard, which is convenient, but if you hike more than 20km or take a bike tour, the graphics are cut off.

Could this be improved?

If the altitude graph on the Locus Map dashboard shows 30 to 50 km well, it would be convenient to proceed while previewing the height of the route to be taken when using the navigation system for long-distance tracking, hiking, and cycling tours.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Dong,

technically this is doable, it is just one parameter. Previously, the distance was even shorter than this. The main reason for the shorter distance visible on the chart is performance and battery usage. Rendering of the chart is not for free and with the longer distance, it may be a significant. The chart in the dashboard should really serve only as an overview for upcoming hills. For overview across the whole route, please use the chart in the track detail.

Hope my explanation is clear.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Hello Menion

Thanks for the great answer

If technically possible, could you give someone who needs this to be able to increase the distance via a setting in the dashboard?

As Menion said, I agree that it should only function as an overview of the hills to come, but there are times when you need to look a little further through your smartphone in real time without any other manipulations while moving to distribute power over long paths.

Individuals in need of this would be better off with an option to be able to manipulate longer distances.

Thanks again for the reply and have a good time 😃😃😃

photo

Hello Dong,

as I think about it, I really do not like the idea to allow to display longer routes. There should be limit based on the number of points and not distance (it may be a big difference), but this is some kind of more logical solution. So for now sorry, I won't extend this limit.

Please display full track detail screen to check full chart.

One useful information: like points in new LM4 has a new screen visible directly on the map, same is in preparation for the tracks. So access to the full chart will be a lot faster.

Menion

photo

Hello Menion

thank you for your answer

I just wanted to know more about my location and the height of where I would go in real time through the dashboard in the navigation.

And I thought that it would be better to show it directly on the smartphone dashboard screen without any other manipulations.

So, it wasn't going to be bad because those who needed it could make a dashboard and extend the distance.

But if Menion thinks that way is not a good idea, then I respect your thoughts.

Thanks Menion

photo

How about let the Route line colercode the altitude or the slope? This helps me to visualize the upcomming route.

photo

Hello Druki, you mean in the chart in the dashboard? Because the line visible during navigation may already be colored. Just check navigation settings.

photo

Hello Menion, I meant the navigation line. Maybe the colorcoding is a nice workaround for the thread starter 😉

Replies have been locked on this page!