Custom data in dashboard
I love the dashboard and think the configurability of it is one of the best things about Locus Map. However, there are various additional fields that would be interesting to add.
- Time of sunset (will I get back before dark?)
- Time of sunrise (when will it get light again?)
- Distance off route (easier to interpret a number than the map which may be at a different zoom level)
- Distance until next via point (lunch stop, checkpoint, pub, cafe, etc)
- Name of next via point
- Time delta (comparison of time taken so far compared to that stored in route)
- Average speed over last mile (how much am I slowing down - always visible not just as a voice alert)
- Altitude gain over last mile (helps to interpret previous number)
- Distance walked as percentage of total route being followed
- Altitude gained as percentage of total route being followed
- etc etc
Perhaps if the Locus Map API supported pushing/pulling additional name/value pairs to the dashboard then this would allow 3rd party developers to add these (and no doubt others). Or perhaps there is another solution?