Unable to sync with one particular device
(Brought over from the forum...)
I have a tablet (Android 7), main phone (9), and backup phone (6). Sync seems to be working (slowly, with duplicates, but working) between tablet and backup phone. But, I've never been able to get a manual sync started, nor any automatic sync, on my main phone. It always reports "Process unsuccessful" after a few minutes, never reaching 1%.
This phone has never (I don't think) run pre-release versions of LM4 (I used a separate older device for testing, and never looked at Sync before release). Nothing seems to help: clearing temporary data in Locus, clearing storage and cache in Android, reinstalling, even deleting 3 Sync* files I found while snooping around. I can't find any logs, nor any config setting that might enable logs, nor any help text (didn't look too hard) about how to use this feature.
It seems suspicious that the User ID (reported next to the Locus version) on the troublesome phone is 40 hex digits long, but 10 digits long on the two devices where it does work. (The erratic appearance of the "GOLD" caption I reported on the forum now seems unrelated.)
Before experimenting with Sync, all 3 of my devices were full of geocache waypoints, many unnecessary (I've since deleted some folders), all *roughly* the same data across the devices but imperfectly so. (My backup phone has been stuck at 5% overnight and this morning, trying to sync the deleted folders, but that may be a separate issue. It has thrown errors 14199, -1, and 10103 at various times. But I don't care about that phone.)
My main phone can create a plan (see attached), but it can't execute.
I *may* be able to fix this by backing up the (very little) data I actually want to keep, deleting everything, then trying a full download. But I'll wait, in case I can offer any assistance (logs etc.) in debugging.