This object is in archive! 

Start "guide to" with long click on icon

balloni55 shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

it would be very helpful to start the "guide to" function directly with a long click on the geocache/POI/WPT icon on the map

Replies (3)

photo

Hello balloni,

are we talk here really only about a single long click directly on the map? So something that currently opens a new temporary point with the address? It is only two clicks from this moment.

You may also add a "Guide to" button directly into the functions panel to immediately start guiding. Quite a fast method. Isn't this good enough?

photo

Hello menion

# are we talk here really only about a single long click directly on the map?

YES

# So something that currently opens a new temporary point with the address?

No, not a temporary point. i mean icon of e.g. listing coords of a Tradi/ calculated listing coords from a solved Mystery/visible WPTs aso.

currently there are minimum 3 clicks neccessary, also with function in side panel....

my idea, "long click" on icon on map start direct guide on to this target.

Example:

on my geocache tour today i found 8 tradis and 8 solved mysteries.

to switch on "guide to" a total of 48 clicks were necessary.

With the long click possibility it would have been 16 clicks

photo

Hello,

thanks for the explanation. So it may save 32 clicks in exchange for not so reliable (mainly when walking) long clicks, during a full day trip. This does not look to me like a good business.

Also, I would worry, that you may not be always sure, that you correctly long-clicked on the correct point. So based on the zoom, you may be guided a few hundred meters off.

You or anyone other may try to convince me of course, but to me, it really looks like not a too useful improvement (maybe the opposite).

Replies have been locked on this page!