This object is in archive! 

Navigation arrow

Roger Heirbaut shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

When you monitor your screen while you are walking you can see a nice blue arrow indicating the direction you are going to. When you stop walking the arrow sadly disappears, only the blue circle indicating the spot where you are is still visible. I remember in version 3 the arrow was always visible, on condition that you had selected it in the options. I think this is very useful, so I can turn myself with my phone to different directions on a crossroad and see what direction to choose best. Is this also possible in version 4?

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Roger

i don't remember the map cursor behaving like this

but there are several ways to show your view direction when you are not moving, assuming your device has a magnetic compass built in.

- activate map rotating, so map point in view direction

- settings/maps/maptools/course line in device direction or/and view direction (visible only while map north up)

Wolfgang

photo

In version 3.5 you have the option to show an orange kind of open triangle that indicates the direction to which you point your phone WITHOUT turning the whole map, which I find annoying. See picture included. Is this possible in version 4?

photo

Yes, it is

as i wrote above

enable >

- settings/maps/maptools/ view direction (visible only while map north up)

see screenshot

958061b82da3598731ea96fa687d6a29

photo

Hello, in the settings/maps menu i do not see a map tools submenu ?

photo

ok, sorry please select auxiliary graphics

photo

Please tell me which option to use: I don't see 'view direction', but map scale, time circles, distance circles, dynamic elevation, cursor to position line, course line, heading line, show view, magnifier and text size ?

photo

i use the display in german and the translation i chose is a little different

please turn on "show view" from your list

photo

Yessss! That's what I wanted to see! Thank you very much for your andwer! 👍

photo

Hello,

Thank you @balloni55 for your help.

Have a nice day

Andrea

Replies have been locked on this page!