This object is in archive! 

Exported GPX files with corrected coordinates don't work in c:geo

Jen Ovečka shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hello, I quite often use GPX export in Locus to send my wife premium and solved caches to c:geo on her phone. It always worked quite well. Today, I tried to send her few caches as usual but the c:geo says that it cannot parse GPX file.

I tried export to both 1.0 and 1.1 version but no success. Always error parsing GPX file.

I noticed there were changes in exporting caches with corrected coordinates to GPX in recent changelog. I tried exporting only caches without corrected coordinates, and this worked in c:geo!

So c:geo cannot import new GPX with corrected coordinates from Locus. Is there way to fix this? Maybe checkbox to export these caches in legacy format? Or should I go complain to c:geo Github?

Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

You're right. And I already found the problem's reason. C:geo's GPX-parser is quite strict, it expects a proper "xmlns"-Attribute for each block of extensions. So in the case of corrected coordinates export, remove the "<extensions>" and "</extensions>" tags and change the block to the following proper code:

<gsak:wptExtension xmlns:gsak="http://www.gsak.net/xmlv1/6">
    <gsak:LatBeforeCorrect>48.123456</gsak:LatBeforeCorrect>
    <gsak:LonBeforeCorrect>14.123456</gsak:LonBeforeCorrect>
</gsak:wptExtension>

photo

Hi guys,

Sonny, amazing, thanks for the help. So the only problem seems to be missing "xmlns" attribute. It Will be fixed in the next version, thanks!

Replies have been locked on this page!