This object is in archive! 

Allow "Not Specified" to be in Recently Used track activity list

Andrew Heard shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

I most often select "Not Specified" as the activity for my recorded tracks. I select this to reduce wasted space in the track list for an activity icon. And yet, when I open the list of activities, the Recently Used section now displayed at the top of the list doesn't include "Not Specified" which ironically is generally my most recently used activity. It appears "Not Specified" is intentionally ignored but I would argue there is no good reason for this exception. Please reconsider.

7214357040381b6f702e990da84104c8

Replies (4)

photo

Another improvement - move "Not Specified" item from bottom towards top of list, to just after the "Recently used" section, so that most common use-case requires very little scrolling from "Not Specified" to "Recently used".

photo

Hi Andrew,

this is a little funny topic for me to be true. "Not specified" should be the last option if the app has no idea about the activity or as a general fallback in case of any problem. Fact that you use it as a primary activity to save a few pixels in the list of tracks and the fact that still after 6 months no other user has a similar idea, confirms by expectation that nobody wants to use "Not specified" :).

I would like to fullfill all your wishes, but in this case, I'm still far from beeing convinced.

Even on your screenshot in the first post, the name of the track is quite short. So why is really the icon a problem?

Also, I hope that in 2022, there will finally be some basic screen with statistics based on activity and also a filter for tracks based on its activity, so it starts to be even more important parameter.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Yes I fully understand. I have 100's of old tracks from before the time when assigned activity was even possible, which I am in the process of assigning. In a few hours I'll have assigned those. Yes, no other interest ;-( c'est la vie

photo

Fine, thanks Andrew for understanding.

Jiří M. aka Menion

Replies have been locked on this page!