This object is in archive! 

where are the cards stored on my smartphone ?

buysschaert shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have a little problem with my cards on my smartphone.

as the internal memory of my smartphone was full, I wanted to transfer all the maps I had to the memory of the SD card. In the file manager of my smartphone, I therefore looked in the "Locus" directory for all the maps (".osm.map" and ".osm.db" format and I moved everything to my SD card. Result I no longer have access to my maps by opening the "locus map" app I know that I made a big mistake but I don't know how to fix my error (I don't know how to move the maps to the right directories anymore of my smartphones) .Can you help me fix all this? Thank you

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

go to Locus settings > Miscellaneous > Default directories > Set mapsVector > set the directory where you store your .map files.

photo

Hi, Thanks for this information. But my question was different, sorry for this mistake.

in the past, I loaded several files as "france.sqlite.db", "provence.osm.db", "provence.osm.mao" and now i don't know in which directories to put them. In my smartphone, there are several directories as "locus/mapsonline", "locus/maps", "locus/mapsvector" and "locus/mapitems". then My question is whith files (xxx.db, zzz.osm.db, http://www.osm.map i put in which directories (maps online, maps, maps vector, map items). Thank you

photo

Vector maps (files ending with .map and .db) are to be placed in Locus/mapsVector directory, others in Locus/Maps. The mapsVector folder, however, can be placed elsewhere than in the main Locus directory - e.g. on the SD card. Then you just redefine the path in Locus settings as I've recommended before. More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:locus_on_external_sdcard#locus_in_internal_and_some_data_in_external_storage_-_recommended

photo

thanks very much. I try immediately. And regarding sqlitedb files ?

photo

It doesn't work. It's really to hard for me. I transfert Vector maps (files ending with .map and .db) in Locus/mapsVector directory, others in Locus/Maps. I redifine the root directory as "internal stockage" i restart the app and .... i just have the map of France and when i zoom nothing. I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I would like not to lose the paid and downloaded cards. Do you know how to do it? thanks for your help and sorry for my nullity.

photo

First make a backup with the backup manager. When it comes to LoMaps, you don't lose any cards. After the reinstallation, log into the Locus Store with the same account with which you bought the maps. Then you can download the maps again. To be on the safe side, I would copy the Locus folder in the internal memory to the PC or a cloud.

After reinstalling you can restore the backup.

You have to be careful with external cards (purchased). It is best to save these on the PC or cloud.

Replies have been locked on this page!