This object is in archive! 

Null return from getAvailableVersions() under Android 11

Bob Kowalski shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Recently a user of my application, which uses the Locus Map API to send route information to Locus Map, attempted to run my application on a Pixel with Android 11. My app appears to function properly but it is unable to send data to Locus Map.

Using a Pixel Android 11 AVD under Android Studio I captured the following messages from my application:

I/System.out: LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus
I/System.out: LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus.free.amazon
    LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus.free.samsung
I/System.out: LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus.pro
    LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus.pro.amazon
    LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus.pro.asamm
    LocusUtils - getAvailableVersions(com.ride2lm.ExportRouteToLPActivity@ce349da), e: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: menion.android.locus.pro.computerBild
W/System.err: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String locus.api.android.objects.LocusVersion.getVersionName()' on a null object reference

I was using version 0.9.32 of the API but have upgraded to 0.9.35 and still have the same issue.

While my application is not handling the null properly, I do not believe that the API should return a null since I have installed Locus Map 4.1.1.

My application is working as expected with Android 9.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

does the same happens also with the latest new Locus API version?

photo

With the new 0.9.36 API I am getting the Locus Map version information (4.1.1 1014) as expected.

Thanks Menion.

Replies have been locked on this page!