This object is in archive! 

Window when hitting a track in the map

tkansgar shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

in older versions of Locus, when I hit a track on the map screen, a small popup appeared allowing me to do some things with that track (e.g. modifying it on the map). Now a large window appears covering approximately 70 % of the (my) map screen. There is no possibility to zoom out or pan the map to see any things covered by that window. Is it possible to make the window somewhat smaller, so that it covers less of the map?

Another issue here is this: If I choose the track modifying function and then navigate over the track by using the forward and backward buttons in the bottom left corner, the trackpoint navigared to is centered to the center of that very small map screen remainder not covered by the large track window, though it has disappeared. Want to say, the center is not recalculated when hiding the window.

BR

tkansgar

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

1) there are some changes planned for the track screen in the future, not its resizing, though

2) not able to simulate the issue... sorry. The track modifier screen covers 100% of my phone screen:

/30b5a92cbf276cf9ae79e8ea754a89ac

photo

> 2) not able to simulate the issue... sorry. The track modifier screen covers 100% of my phone screen:

But when you navigate over the trackpoints using the orange buttons, each point isn't centered in the middle of the screen but near its top edge. On your screen I guess 20% from the point to the top, but 80% to the bottom edge. In my case I guess 15% / 85%. It should be 50% / 50%. The place, where the points are centered, results from the size of the track data window, which was shown before. Do you understand, what I want to say?

photo

Thanks for the clarification, now I understand. Forwarded to the main developer.

photo

Hi again,

my first remainder: The centring mistake described above in my second paragraph (beginning with "Another issue here is ...") isn't fixed yet, right?

But I have another more annoying issue with this: When I close that white track data window by hitting the hardware back button, the center is recalculated correctly, but when I tap the Edit function (with a pencil icon) to edit the name of the track and turn the device to switch to the bigger on screen keyboard, after saving of this change the center remains that one, which was calculated for the white track data window on screen. Here are the steps to reproduce this:

1. Tap on one track on the map screen. -> White track data window appears, and the center is moved to the middle of the remaining map screen.
  2. Tap on the Edit button (pencil icon). -> Editing screen appears.
  3. Turn the device by 90° -> Editing screen also turns getting a wider horizontal layout.
  4. Tap save (really editing isn't necessary at this point). -> Map screen appears again (turned to the vertical layout simultanously).
  5. Tap the Tracks button on the bottom edge. -> List of track folders apperars.
  6. Choose a folder.
  7. Tap on one track. -> Track screen appears.
  8. Tap on the circular center button in the small map displaying the track.

-> Center is not in the middle of the map screen but near the top edge. If you omit Step 3. (Turning the device), the center is calculated correctly. So this is a tricky way to get back the correct center.

BR

tkansgar

photo

Hi,

you're right, the first-mentioned bug isn't corrected yet. I've urged Menion about this.

As for the "another annoying issue":

point 5) "Tap the Tracks button on the bottom edge." - what tracks button? The track detail panel is still slid up. When I swipe it down to have access to my panels with functions and I tap the track manager button (and the rest of your description), the centering issue doesn't occur...

photo

Hi Michal,

after step "3. Turn the device by 90°" (this is necessary!) and step "4. Tap save (really editing isn't necessary at this point)." I am on the map screen again. The track detail panel is gone. Then I tap the Tracks button on the bottom edge (step 5.).

The track detail panel only remains on screen, if I don't turn the device (step 3.). Then the centring after closing it is correct.

BR

tkansgar

photo

Hi,

yes, I did step 3 with rotating the device and 4 with saving the track. BUT after that, the track detail panel is NOT gone, it's still there. I have to swipe it down. And then the centering is OK. I'm testing the latest beta (available at bit.ly/lmVersionsTest).

EDIT: I found it. It can be simulated when the orientation of the screen is left under the system control. Previously I had the map screen locked in the portrait mode - in this config the centering works OK. I'll let Menion know.

photo

Hi, the bug will be fixed in the next app version coming out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

photo

Hi Michal,

do you remember, that I reported two different centring issues here? First is in the starting post beginning with "Another issue here is ...". And the second one is in a later reply here beginning with "But I have another more annoying issue". Both you could reproduce finally. Will they both be fixed in the version coming out tomorrow?

BR

tkansgar

photo

Test it tomorrow and if it doesn't work make a new ticket.

photo

Hi,

both centring issues I reported here seem to be fixed in Version 4.5.6. Many thanks for these fixes!

BR

tkansgar

Replies have been locked on this page!