This object is in archive! 

Map scrolling/panning with CARPE iter

Anders Olsson shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a CARPE Ci controller. When scrolling/panning the map (up/down/left/right) the map jumps half a screen in one go. Is this due to how the controller interacts with Locus (virtual keyboard?) or is it something that is due to Locus behavior?

Would it be possible to have a smooth panning? It could be the same distance, just that it is animated, like if you panned the map with the finger touching the screen. This would be more intuitiv.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Anders,

as I know Carpe Iter uses the Locus Map API system and it defines how much a map should move. If there exists an option to set this value? To be true, I do not know. You will have to ask J. Balada over some forum or support channel provided for the Carpe Iter controller. Thanks for understanding.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

thanks for answering!

No there isn't, not what I can find at least. But it isn't the distance that is the issue, it is how it is moved on the screen. Now it jumps in one go. My question was if it could be animated/smooth. If it is through the API that the controller interacts with Locus, I guess the feature I am looking for would be solved in Locus, right? How Locus responds to the call to the API.

photo

Possible Expert Settings: Map movement step

photo

Hello Anders,

it is not so easy task as it may look. I've made a new endpoint for the API that is used by the Carpe Iter device here, so it is up to the Carpe Iter controller developer to implement it. Because it needs a new version of the Locus Map, they probably won't hurry with the update.

@freischneider, this won't help here because the method of how the controller move with the map is different,

EDIT: help desk system does not accept Url to a mentioned new endpoint, so here it is: https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/wiki/Action-tasks-(Broadcasts)#map_move_zoom

Menion

photo

Tanks for answering once again, and sorry for late replay.

Okey, so just se if I got it right, the coming update of Locus will have the new feature that I am looking for? But also Carpe Iter app has to use that, am I correct?

So contacting J. Balada and refer to the link you posted would be the next step?

photo

Hello Anders,

I've just written to Jan (creator of the CI) an email with more info about this topic. The next steps are on him ...

Menion

photo

Menion, thank you so much! That's awesome. Then we hope that Jan thinks it is a god feature and implements it soon :)

Love the work you put in to Locus!

Replies have been locked on this page!