This object is in archive! 

Unit in the track slope plot.

Marek shared this problem 14 months ago
Solved

It would be great if you could change the slope unit from% to ° in the slope plot of the track. You can choose between these units in the application options, but the chart always uses%.

Replies (2)

photo

Slope in % usually makes very much sense: 10% slope needs twice the energy for a given distance compared to 5% (or twice the power, if you need the same time). That's what you feel!

Now think about the same statement in degrees! Compare 45° to 90°!

Werner

photo

Dear Werner,

I agree with your opinion that the% slope has a more practical physical interpretation. But this interpretation does not have any significant advantage. For small angles (my range) \ alpha \ in (0, \ pi / 6) the sine function is practically linear.

With such a simplification of the problem of energy expenditure (I repeat your reasoning), we can conclude that a marathon runner running on a flat surface for 6 hours does not do any work?

Seeing the inclination of 45 degrees, I know that it will be very difficult for me to complete the route. A 90 degree slope is impossible for me to overcome. If I can see a track with a slope of 71% and take it in one hour, I can assume that I will complete a track with a slope of 100% in less than 1.5 hours?

I reported the problem of units only because they can be changed in the program options, but it has no effect on the slope graph where there is always%. Why give a choice when it is only apparent?

Greetings,

Marek

Files: 1.jpg
photo

Hi Marek,

thanks for reporting this bug, it's been forwarded to the main developer.

photo

Thank you!

photo

The bug has been fixed, will come into effect in the next app version.

photo

Thank you again!

Replies have been locked on this page!