This object is in archive! 

how to import OAM open android maps to Locus Map 4 ?

Peter Noll shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Dear Forum Friends,

with LM3 it was really easy to import OAM to Locus. If I remeber there was a button which directly import the dedicated maps to LM3 , but with the new LM4 I do not see this, I also tried downloading the OAM and import to LM4 , but it fails all the time. Anybody an idea how to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Peter

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Peter, the button for OAM map downloads was never INSIDE Locus, but rather a button on the OAM web pages.

Tap the "+" and chose tghe Locus button. If you have LMP and LM4 both installed, make your choice.

I just tested with Madeira: the procedure does its job (i.e. the files are in the right place). HOWEVER, the Locus action progress stops at 33%.

@Menion - some work tbd, as I have read similar observation recently somewhere else in the forum.

Cheers

Michael

photo

Dear Peter,

there is no limitation for download OAM maps in LM4. Please visit OAM web page and use download for Locus or download the map package, unpack it and copy maps into folder /Locus/mapsVector

@Michael the stop at 33% it's strange. The unpacking starts when the progress bar is 50% (50% for downloading and another 50% for unpacking) Anyway, please discuss it in the second topic.

Thanks

photo

Thx, it is working, my mistake, wrong folder used, maps instead of vectormaps, br Peter

photo

Fine :) thanks for the message.

Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!